Windows 10 Final Release Wish Box

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Things that Windows 8.1 did wrong and Windows 10 should not repeat

1- Customisable vibration in capacitive buttons – e.g.25% 50%, 75% 100% vibration strength;
2- Customisable colors of capacitive buttons (at least red, blue, green);
3- Split screen – e.g. top half - music and bottom half - web browser;
4- Option to preview background wallpaper before we enable it + customization of its color;
4.1- Option to change background wallpaper from not only the settings, but also from albums/SD card;
5- Customizable notification center colors different from the rest of the colors in phone e.g. you have a black background in phone, but a white one in NC;
6- Better pinning of tiles to start - when we pin a tile to start, we are prompted to start, which is annoying if you just downloaded more apps and with each pinning you have to slide back to app list. PS-You made the „recently downloaded“ highlight in app list – good...;
7- More appealing people, phone and messaging app - color and text distinction;
8- Bass adjustment of music app + a better music ap – possibilities down below;
9- Better sound options - Sound customization for several apps, not for all e.g. the same volume for all apps is reduction of possibility;
10- Smarter Cortana - we do not want to touch the phone each time - I think you did this by now with W10;
11- More personal Cortana, at least by 2020 - Make it a real AI and not a plastic bottle with a voice, able to receive Web info via WIFI...;
12- Capacitive button light level - bright/medium/low light and not just ON/OFF – separate from brightness option of screen;
13- A more appealing Music app;
14- Synchronisation within at least 2 phones (two people?s phones communicating whenever in reach);
15- Region free use, updates, downloads without limitations or restrictions based on location;
16- 3D like tiles (like in iOS8) – make them float (I think, the new W10 background is something like that, but not quite);
17- HARDWARE - scanner + projector of video files on wall, table etc with at least half-decent colors;
17.1- Projected keyboard on table/floor...any surface;
18- We want to be able to use a ringtone/sms sound from SD card and not just from the inbuilt phone storage!!! Hell...;
19- Wake up the phone with voice + voice recognition (not hardware button or double tap);
20- In notification center - e.g. WIFI - when we tap it, it turns on, when we tap it again, it brings us to the WiFi menu. This is useless. The second tap should turn WiFi off. To go to WiFi menu, a 0.5s press should be enough - this goes for all notifications and action shortcuts;
21- The back/previous button is also a bit annoying - Pressing it for 1s makes it open the current/recent opened apps, web and interface. Maybe imply some most used apps like music and IE (web) to notification center while they are open. Make a swipe top, too, not just down to throw away open windows;
22- Music app with a software option to adjust the volume?;
23- A 360 degree rotation of screen - would be probably useless if not adjusted for body-to-text position - for those who lie on a bed on sides – the view feels limiting;
24- Another annoying thing is also when you listen to music with headphones. When you unplug the jack from phone, the music stops, OK, this is good. However, when you put the jack back, the music is off. We would appreciate if it would continue from the exact point it was interrupted. Android has this possibility, too. MUSIC APP is really bad: the adding of songs to the already playing ones;
25- The exclusion of song while playing is really unpractical. Make an option allowing us to just tap a song to add it to the played and a swipe-to-exclude option like the swipe-away ability of background apps/interface/pages - best to right or left as in the VLC app for android, because to first select the songs and then exclude them is odd. Also, another bad thing about it is that the playlist has no option or possibility to reorder the songs. We cannot put e.g. second song in front of the first or after the third etc - this is...odd again;
26- There is no notification when the battery reaches 100% in charging;
27- No way to check when the battery was last charged;
28- To be able to name the tiles, if not, at least the tile folder;
29- To be able to pin more than one app at a time to the start screen;
30- When we update the phone, we don't really see what kind of an update we are getting - this needs to be clear to us;
31- The stock WP8.1 alarm needs a re-do, too. The alarm that is set should be highlighted at the top and not somewhere at the bottom, where it was made. Imagine you got 25 different alarms and you need the one down below...odd, again;
32- Transparent games and video app – minor change;
33- Is it just me (Slovakia, Lumia 620 100% working, WP8.1 Denim Update, for Cortana to work I set the location to USA) or is everyone else getting a false time and date after restarting/soft resetting the phone?;
34- In-built alarm needs a customizable volume;
35- A third background design? We got the tiles, the app list and maybe a third one would be great or more e.g. a background, where all factory apps are Another one where downloads are or something similar;
36- An in-built speech to text app that Works and is fast, really fast to -write- sms, mail faster. Forget the swipe keyboard, although i its great for now. But speech to text is the future of many phones and available even at this point;
37- If not Cortana, as the WIFI dependent assistant, make an interactive voice FRIEND, that would work online but learn from it and act on its own even offline e.g. Say to you „good morning“ after you dismiss your alarm (and good day, good night etc) or say „HI -name-„ when recognizing a friend of the user (also and WP user) is near – this is an addition to point 14. Reach recognition of paired devices (also tablets or PCs/Tablets);
38- Forget fingerprint recognition-this is as irrelevant as some of my points like 1,2,3, but still. Some minor changes are appreciated, others are ripoffs; and basically, nobody will use it;
39- A battery saver, that explains what it actually does and to what and how, not just states;
40- Similar to the point 35 – Imagine you have a tile on your background, that is actually a background itself. A tile, as any other, when clicked opens up another background, that, as the usual, contains tiles. In android or iOS case, this is done by swiping to the sides. In WP case, too. However, this brings us to the app list, not background. In WP, you can make an infinite background, swiping down/up. But, if you would like to go to the apps you want this could be a nuisance;
41- Customizable background in action center;

Build 10136 at 19.6.2015
So, Since yesterday I am using windows 10 build 10136 - the newest. I made 2 reviews on how to download and install it to work, since many users stated malfunctions etc. In the second review, I mentioned some flaws/issues, that are new to the already know 4 issue like the Skype issue. From what Ive seen, they did a good part of changes, the ones I mentioned in My suggestion post above. Changes like =
2- Customizable colors of capacitive buttons;
5- Customizable notification center colors;
7- More appealing people, phone and messaging app - color and text distinction;
10- Smarter Cortana = Hey, Cortana (not implanted in this build for Lumia 630 - my phone);
13- A more appealing Music app;
17.1- Projected keyboard = well, not quite, but definitely good speech-to-text;
19-Wake up the phone with voice = only with Hey, Cortana;
20-In notification center - e.g. WIFI - when we tap it, it turns on, when we tap it again, it brings us to the WiFi menu. This is useless. The second tap should turn WiFi off = this is now possible;
27-No way to check when the battery was last charged = now possible;
30-When we update the phone, we don't really see what kind of an update we are getting = now possible;
35-A third background design = transparent tiles, OK OK OK...;
36-An in-built speech to text app that Works and is fast = THIS IS NOW THERE.

I think MS either listened to me and used my feedback, or didn't and are thinking the same as me, to a certain point. However, many changes need to be done and if not all suggestion from me, at least the 5 most important ones like point 6, 15, 18, 19, 26, 29...

EDIT: Build 10136 minor flaws:
1- Accent color and navigation bar color should be independently customizable;

Last edited:

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
"10-Smarter Cortana = Hey, Cortana (not implanted in this build for Lumia 630 - my phone)"

I'm gonna note that that was a windows 8.1.1 feature, it also will never work on your 630 as it requires a SD800 to work, it requires a low power listening chip only available on those chipsets and newer.

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
What you mean is that Hey, Cortana was already present in WP8.1 (8.1.1)? Which phones support this feature? Do you think MS will release a final W10 build that will allow all phones to support it?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What you mean is that Hey, Cortana was already present in WP8.1 (8.1.1)? Which phones support this feature? Do you think MS will release a final W10 build that will allow all phones to support it?
I hope they don't. I really dislike that Lumia centric features are going to other windows phones. Especially because those OEMs aren't releasing their exclusives so why do we need to lose ours.

I think we need differentiating features for the OEMs. Even android nexus devices have some distinct features that separate from their other android phones.

I do however hope they allow more Lumia phones to run it

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Still use and want a Windows Media Center option in Windows 10. It's the only reason why 4 out of 5 of my computers will NOT be going to Windows 10 and the one that is, will be dual booting with Windows 7 because of this.

Its one feature that I use all the time and I need it on my machines, with out it I am losing a MAJOR feature for my family and I.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey Cortana is limited by hardware and not software. There is a certain feature pack, which is available on the snapdragon 800+ processors, that allows for the device to always be listening and uses little to no resources. As quickly as people seem to replace their phones, on this site, There will probably be few that will not be able to use this feature.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
hmm.. since this IS a WISH list.. I hope for the built in teleportation option.

"Scotty, Beam me up"

Gonna need a bigger battery. I just told Cortana, "Beam me up, Scotty!", and she replied in a Scottish accent, "Sorry, captian. I need more power!"

I'll add a bigger, badder battery to my wish list. Something that gives me about 4400mAh more than what the manufacturer thinks I need. ;) They can upgrade that with a software update, right? /s

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention