Windows 10 for Lumia 1320

jassal4u

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello I am Munish jassal. I am a software developer & using Lumia 1320 from last two years. I wanna know why Lumia 1320 has still not received update of wind10. I know there is reviews like performance isssues but I watched a video on youtube. A man was describing there is no any performance issues. Windows10 is smoothly working better on Lumia 1320. Please think about the people's who still wants to get windows10 update & still using lumia1310 mobiles

Steve Theguy

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, some people have actually had a problem with their system freezing up on them. I haven't had that problem myself though. But there is a problem with phone tabs as well as browser tabs not closing upon exiting them. I think it's probably the main reason for the screen freezing issue actually. We'll see when DeviDark comes back with his results. I may have just gotten lucky with my update. Also, other people reported a data loss as well, and many other problems. The thing is, these are all only problems with the software that many other people faced on alot of phones, and most of them probably would have been fixed by the last official update. The problem wasn't that it didn't work on these phones, it was that lazy developers at Microsoft left it in the hands of their insider customers to do their beta testing for them. The insiders that sent feedback, sent negative feedback because they had a bad experience with the original build version, so Microsoft didn't give the update to a group of select phones, and they were conveniently older models like the 1320. Which doesn't make alot of sense to me, because I didn't have any problems with it. But it is what it is, I guess. Anyway, I hope that answers your question. Even though the official reason from Microsoft is totally bogus. 😉

Last edited:

DeviDarkL

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Well, I have been a lot more careful with the amount of apps open in the background and tabs on Edge and I might say it's working. Sometimes it freezes (once in 2 days or something) if I forget to close apps and they start pilling up. It seems the problem, besides having 5 or more apps running, is like Steve said and we need to be aware of how many tabs is Edge using at the same time, it's a resource hog that one...

Version 10586.456 has just been released and I'm downloading it now, let's see if it gets better with this new build. As of now the change-log has not yet been published my Microsoft so I don't know what's fixed.

Steve Theguy

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, I have been a lot more careful with the amount of apps open in the background and tabs on Edge and I might say it's working. Sometimes it freezes (once in 2 days or something) if I forget to close apps and they start pilling up. It seems the problem, besides having 5 or more apps running, is like Steve said and we need to be aware of how many tabs is Edge using at the same time, it's a resource hog that one...

Version 10586.456 has just been released and I'm downloading it now, let's see if it gets better with this new build. As of now the change-log has not yet been published my Microsoft so I don't know what's fixed.

I had a feeling that's what it was. When I first got my 1320 I had 8.1 and I was like, 'Awesome! I have have this really cool high end phone now, this is the best phone I've ever had, it can do all this stuff at once.' So I would have SEVERAL apps going at one time. Took me a FEW weeks to figure out why my phone was crashing and freezing all the time, and then I still had the problem with select app tabs not closing after I exited them, lol. I think the only reason it has trouble running alot of app at once is because the processor is only a duel core. But, it wouldn't be a problem if the tabs would just close like they're supposed to. Maybe in this new build, huh? Please let me know how that new build version works for you too! I'm going to hold out until I know for sure how well it works, because this is actually my only phone.

Last edited:

DeviDarkL

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
After one day to heavy use I might say this new version .456 is the better than .420. The transitions between apps is very smooth and it seems lag free. It still crashed while I was opening Facebook, messenger, 9 gag plus one or two more apps to see if it crashed. It did... But oh well, besides that... It's the best build I tested until now. This is my only phone too Steve. That's why the freezing problems stress me out. Thank God it only happens once in a while.

Steve Theguy

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I don't use the Facebook app anymore because I don't really see the point in it. I just pinned the mobile site to my start screen. I don't like going back and forth between apps to pm and post, it's just annoying to me. But, what do you mean, messenger crashes when you open it? Like the phone messages? Or Facebook messenger? Because I text people alot, so I don't know if I could handle SMS MMS not working right. If that's the case, I'll probably just stick with .420 for now.

Steve Theguy

May 17, 2016
Visit site
On another note. My brother liked the way 10 looked on my phone, so he decided to get the preview too, BIG mistake. Now his phone is more messed up than a hippie at a Grateful Dead concert, and The Grateful Dead isn't even around anymore, so you know that hippie has GOT to be messed up. He's not getting calls or text, complete random data loss. His background apps and notifications are on, but he's still not getting notifications when he DOES get texts or phone calls. His microphone only works on speakerphone. It crashes, freezes, and even starts random apps when he opens completely unrelated ones. Oh, and his outlook account won't sync up no matter what he does. I feel really bad for him. He ruined his phone because I was bragging about how awesome 10 was on my phone. The really messed up part though, is that even with all the problems he's having right now, the 1520 is STILL supported by the insider program, but NOT the 1320. That's just a load of bologna. 😒

DeviDarkL

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
He should do a Hard Reset. If that doesn't work then he always has the Windows Recovery Tool to get back to Windows Phone 8.1.

When I said crashed I meant freezed. Even with the .456 it's still freezing randomly. Right now I did not have any app open and after closing notification center it freeze again at the Start Screen. And I thought I knew how to prevent it... xD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124