Windows 10 Insider: Build 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 build 14388 for PC and Mobile now available for Fast Ring Insiders

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 14388 of Windows 10. Discuss it all here.

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn?t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you?ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren?t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You?ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Improvements to PC:

• We have updated the Store to version 11606.1001.39 with bug fixes.
  • We fixed an issue where Narrator keyboard shortcuts would not work after locking your PC and then logging back in and going to your desktop.
  • We fixed an issue where Narrator would not read the date and time under Settings > Time & language > Date & time.
  • We fixed a TPM driver crash that could result in the device bug-checking (bluescreen) and rebooting.

Known issues for PC:

• A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed however, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.
  • After you install this build on a PC using a non-EN-US language, you may get error code 0x80004005 when enabling Developer Mode on the "For Developers" Settings Page. Even after seeing this error message, your machine is in developer mode and you should still be able to use Visual Studio to develop Universal Windows Applications. In most cases, this error indicates that extra components required by the operating system to enable additional debugging features in Visual Studio or the Windows Device Portal could not be installed automatically.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14388 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

ole, build after build are coming in...

How many of those will we have before august 2?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

ole, build after build are coming in...

How many of those will we have before august 2?

They are testing candidates for Redstone 1 RTM and are expected to make a final selection this week on the 15th.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

if this one good, I will stop receiving those build as I'm going back on the road tomorrow. So I won't have time anymore.

islehopper

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Bricked my 1520... working perfectly on previous builds through 14385. As soon gears finished loading new system reboot takes the 1520 into a sad face, then tries to reinstall again at beginning of spinning gears... then endless loop sad face, spinning gears, sad face, spinning gears.

Downloaded latest recovery tool. So far, 1520 not visible to my Surface Pro (have used recovery successfully before, so this is something new).

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Message on pc; have the app>can write in it>but can't send.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I got all the updates including store.
*I still can't go to "collections" in the store. Any time I click on a collection it just sits there blank.
*Cortana no longer has the little Question mark on the right that tells me the different commands I can use with apps. That sucks because I got some wikipedia apps just so I could do a search right in the app instead of going to the web. But I don't know the commands to use and nothing I tried is working. In fact none of the app commands seem to work for me like they previously did.
*My start tiles get re-arranged for some reason. It's really annoying. Happens after some updates not all of them. But this update did it again and leaves some blank spots and moves things to different positions.

It's still early but I'm hoping that the keyboard lag issue is resolved in this one. It is by far the most frustrating issue I have had. *crosses fingerS*

Edit: Still experiencing Keyboard lag. I hate it so much. I am being pushed over the edge here to go back to windows 7. Am expecting this solved at some point before the launch of anniversary update. That's the only reason I'm staying on. But so close to anniversary update and it's as if they don't even know it exists despite feedback and complaints.

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

The most annoying bug for me on my SP3 is that all windows will minimize on their own at random times. I havent yet found a fix for this and it's been going on for quite a few builds now.
The second most annoying bug is that the January hardware update reinstalls after EVERY build!

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site

This build and last are pretty stable for me. Matter fact, the only issue that I've seen is that at times I go to unlock and the lockscreen doesn't show whatever image is selected or being displayed by Windows Spotlight. It will just be the color of the tiles, taskbar, etc (main color) that's selected. Also, every now and then certain notifications flash and don't show what the notification is (or is from). All that I can see is an outline of the notification box. Anyone else?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14388 & 14390 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

14390 is live for Insider Fast... we will continue on with it in the same thread as 14388.

Windows 10 build 14390 rolling out to fast ring Insiders for PC and phone | Windows Central

Improvements to PC:

• You should no longer see the error code 0x80004005 when enabling Developer Mode on the "For Developers" Settings page if your PC is using a non-EN-US language.
Known issues for PC:

• AWARENESS: A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed however, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.

Zac Bowden advises in the blog:
My sources are telling me that this build could very well be the one that will roll-out to the public on August 2nd, meaning it's the sign-off build or "Release To Manufacturing" (RTM) build. I'm still gathering details, but it's looking increasingly likely that this is the final build. Exciting stuff indeed.

RohanRonQM

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14388 & 14390 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Hi I have a Surface Pro 4 currently on W10 build 14388 (fast ring) and today I received a notification for build 14390. When I go to update it via SETTINGS I get this dialog box that also shows up saying "Preparing for Upgrade".
what is this dialog box.jpg
What is this for and why am I getting it?

sourav ghosh969

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

14390 is live for Insider Fast... we will continue on with it in the same thread as 14388.

Windows 10 build 14390 rolling out to fast ring Insiders for PC and phone | Windows Central

Improvements to PC:

• You should no longer see the error code 0x80004005 when enabling Developer Mode on the "For Developers" Settings page if your PC is using a non-EN-US language.
Known issues for PC:

• AWARENESS: A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed however, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.

Zac Bowden advises in the blog:

can you solve my problem ? i didn't get 14388 in first or slow even 14390 my version is now 14385 which i downloaded some days ago,,,

shorski

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site

can you solve my problem ? i didn't get 14388 in first or slow even 14390 my version is now 14385 which i downloaded some days ago,,,
Go to control panel, under setting click on find problems and then choose windows update. Follow the onscreen instructions and when it's done, search for updates again.
If you still don't have it, you should probably download the ISO file for 14390 and do a upgrade.

sourav ghosh969

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Go to control panel, under setting click on find problems and then choose windows update. Follow the onscreen instructions and when it's done, search for updates again.
If you still don't have it, you should probably download the ISO file for 14390 and do a upgrade.

i did this,,,,but no new updates ,can you give the link to download 14390?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb