Windows 10 is removing some supported display modes.

kuro2052

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi.
I just recently installed windows 10 in my PC.
I am having some problem with the resolution.
I installed amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit as I have Radeon HD 5450 graphic card.
I changed the resolution to 1400x1050 which i used previously in windows 7.
but after connecting to the internet few minutes, my resolution automatically changed to 1600x900 which is not supported as there were black lines above and below the monitor so i tried to change the resolution and found that my favorite resolution is not there. I checked the adapter properties - list all modes and found that some mode have been removed.
Then I removed the catalyst install manager and catalyst control center along with drivers and restarted the PC.
after restart I came to know that windows automatically installed my graphic driver without internet and there were all the previous modes available so i changed my resolution.
But after connecting to the internet the same thing happened the resolution changed and those modes were gone. And i found that catalyst control center was waiting to install in the 'check for updates'.
I got frustrated.
i did all that again but this time I installed the catalyst control center and then changed the resolution to my favorite.
But still after connecting to internet same thing happened again.
Does anybody have a solution?
How can add the mode back after this happens or force the resolution?

Note:
The resolution 1400x1050 was not available from windows display setting when I first reinstalled the drivers so I had to change the resolution from adapter properties and after connecting to internet it was gone from adapter properties too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb