Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampipe100

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I have a Lumia 640 and just received the anniversary update last night.

Today I have these issues:

1) My Edge Browser is now showing everything in larger font. Some pages won't even fit the screen correctly. The font is currently 'medium'. I tried to change it to small and nothing changed. I also tried to change it to 'extra large' and nothing changed. Apparently, something is not working in Edge and it makes it pretty useless.

2) My alarm will not play at loud sound. I have notifications and media all the way up and no matter what sound or ringtone I use, it is very faint. It makes the alarm pretty risky to use.

3) On my notifications I now have 4 things that I have no idea what they are. They are listed below:

{5B04B775-356B-4AA0-AAF8-6491FFEA5614}!{0A65251D-5D64-4FD9-AA7D-EF700095A7006}

{5B04B775-356B-4AA0-AAF8-6491FFEA5614}!{60824344-B0FE-4312-AE75-375147793E26}

{5B04B775-356B-4AA0-AAF8-6491FFEA6514}!{93D97159-ED0C-4175-971E-BEED6256FF3}

{5B04B775-356B-4AA0-AAF8-6491FFEA6514}!{AC071CC5-E07A-4522-9DC1-6120437B9049}

I've never noticed these prior to the update. Someone said it deals with email, but I already have an Outlook notification set. Why are these four things on my notifications and why can't I remove them.

I've had 10 mobile for about a month and everything was good until this morning. What is going on?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Restart, reboot, reset, fcutory reset... That's the sop. Let it run a few days to stabilize also seems like common remedy.

Font size issue, change your scaling in settings.

parapomflica

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
for me there are much more issues.First if I'm listening to music and I receive a call ringtone has an echo,when I take earphones out it gets worse.Second I'm not able to transfer playlists from Win.phone app that allowed me to transfer iTunes playlists till this update. Somehow gadgets don't work anymore it used to turn groove when I plug earphones in now nothing,even dough it is set to do that.I noticed that my screen is blinking when I'm in the chat on facebook messenger.I don't have no idea what to do anymore it is very irritating. :(
Does anyone else have these problems or any solution to at least some of them?I would really appreciate some help :(

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, they seriously can't mess with alarms like this.

Alarms *have* to work.

Alarms are the one thing for me that would get me to abandon the OS.

Anyone know of a reliable alarm app I can use while they're broken? Trust has been violated, I was late to work this morning :/

JD 96

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the Lumia 640 and I don't have any of these problems. But if you haven't restarted the phone after the update, you should definitely try it. If that doesn't work, maybe you should try some of the things mentioned above (hard reset, factory reset).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The alarms have changed. Now they start low and then get louder. Your sound isn't broken, that's just the way it is.

Unfortunately for your last issue, a hard reset might be the only thing to make those go away but I am not 100% sure.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so my mother in law's 630 updated to latest update. Same 640 I talk her to buy instead of some Android! And what happened?!? She's unable to write an SMS! Keyboard is missing so does "+" for create new message and everythung in bottom! It's all behind that bar on the bottom of the screen! Absolute bull...t!!!
I did a hard reset, btw.
How am I suppose to recommend WM to anyone else?!? I escaped to Android but I have a second toughts, missing Live tiles and simplicity of the OS. Wanted to sell Z3c and buy myself 950 but after seeing that piece of s..t software I'll stay with ugly Android. It works, if nothing else.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so my mother in law's 630 updated to latest update. Same 640 I talk her to buy instead of some Android! And what happened?!? She's unable to write an SMS! Keyboard is missing so does "+" for create new message and everythung in bottom! It's all behind that bar on the bottom of the screen! Absolute bull...t!!!
I did a hard reset, btw.
How am I suppose to recommend WM to anyone else?!? I escaped to Android but I have a second toughts, missing Live tiles and simplicity of the OS. Wanted to sell Z3c and buy myself 950 but after seeing that piece of s..t software I'll stay with ugly Android. It works, if nothing else.

That specific 630 iussue is weel know due to that particular screen size. Blaming a whole system for a single device line sounds unappropriated, considering all people using that everyday .
Your choose. Change device or enjoy your new android ;)

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
That specific 630 iussue is weel know due to that particular screen size. Blaming a whole system for a single device line sounds unappropriated, considering all people using that everyday .

I agree with you. But there is so much frustration in me because MS don't give a s..t about their own OS.
I really love WP, used it for last 4, 5 years.
HTC 8x, L925, L930, L735, bought L535 for my mum and 630 for my mother in law.
After being patient for quite a long time I jumped to Android. After few months, I'm sick of it and I want Lumia back. I beleive that I'm not lonely feeling like that (there's even thread here about it), but things like this one today held me back.
Bugs such stupid as being unable to see keyboard is total FAIL and it's shouldn't ever happen! For any phone model! If WM is beta software, it should be marked somewhere.
There are always bugs. In almost every OS and every app. But this one is too much.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by ramyZgHR
I did a hard reset, btw.

Ohhhh the drama! LOL.

Attari

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I have been searching for answers for weeks by Microsoft and nothing. -
The issues I have:

1) When a notification comes in, the status bar disappears and only shows the clock. OR when I am watching a video or playing a game, the status bar FORCES! itself on top of the video or game! - OR it forces the clock to only show...... I know its messed.

2) The lock/unlock sound now sounds like a low res squished sound... before it was loud and clear

3) While doing anything in Media - Message pops up and says batter low and shuts off my device... I still have 97% charge left.. Again, WTF lol

4) Some apps don't work sometimes - Depending on their mood.

I think that's it for me. These 4 questions are questions that Microsoft technical support , "Chat - email - Live call" could not answer. Any help here lol?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have been searching for answers for weeks by Microsoft and nothing. -
The issues I have:

1) When a notification comes in, the status bar disappears and only shows the clock. OR when I am watching a video or playing a game, the status bar FORCES! itself on top of the video or game! - OR it forces the clock to only show...... I know its messed.

2) The lock/unlock sound now sounds like a low res squished sound... before it was loud and clear

3) While doing anything in Media - Message pops up and says batter low and shuts off my device... I still have 97% charge left.. Again, WTF lol

4) Some apps don't work sometimes - Depending on their mood.

I think that's it for me. These 4 questions are questions that Microsoft technical support , "Chat - email - Live call" could not answer. Any help here lol?

First, use a soft reset. If not changes, hard reset. It fixes everything

Attari

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
First, use a soft reset. If not changes, hard reset. It fixes everything

Alright I did the hard reset that Im kinda regretting because now there are some apps that I have installed before, that are not available for download again lol. I believe its due to the region or something... Hell they were good apps lol -

So after the hard reset:
The issue I had that I wrote in #1 is still there.... Turns out, its not the phone, its a bug on the anniversary update.. I just need a new update to fix it.

Issue #2 was fixed!

Issue #3 - Didnt fix.. Turns out, It needed a new battery - Replaced the battery, and it works like a charm.

Issue #4 - was fixed

Only thing is left is the force notification on top of videos and games, or forces the clock to only show.... AND I hope, once I go visit my family, I can re-install those apps... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamododomunı