Windows 10 Mobile build 14946 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

xtrememanix

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. Have a 950XL, but when my battery gets low, not sure the exact percentage yet, but it MUST be charged with a USB 3.0 charge port on either my computer, or external power source. I don't have any other higher amp power blocks, so not sure if those would work or not. But keeping the phone plugged into a new USB-C cord, just keeps the battery at same charge level, and heats it up considerably. Not sure if it's this build, or if it's a bad battery.

Anyone else having the same or similar issues?

I'm facing some excessive battery drain on my 950xl and overheating at the top of the screen (area near the Infra-red sensor for Microsoft hello) not sure what is causing the overheat.

Also when charging, at about >80% mark, I will experience the flickering green screen even if my screen is not turned on in the first place.

HarleyBigDog

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, spent 90 minutes with the new "Customer Service" center, and the end result solution was "Google for your nearest phone center". Really helpful. Not sure how much longer I can take having to pay top dollar for a device that just doesn't work, and give free work to MS as a "tester" of their product. I mean every time, this works, but this doesn't. Now this works, and the other doesn't. I have given up on my Band2 being able to talk to the phone, but I hear they work great on Android and iOS. :/

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Outlook won't automatically check mail on any of my 3 accounts using any of the available options (As Item Arrive, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc).

A simple device restart fixed it for me (at least for now).

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Back to not syncing and getting an error when I try to sync manually. This build, man. Buggiest fast ring build for quite a while.

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Outlook won't automatically check mail on any of my 3 accounts using any of the available options (As Item Arrive, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc).

I'm also seeing this but intermittently. Sometimes it checks as scheduled, sometimes it doesn't. 950 XL DS US

HarleyBigDog

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Had it charge overnight and took forever. Only 96% when I got up. Finally got to 100%, unplugged it, threw it in my gym bag, and went to the gym. When I was done, noticed battery and phone were still hot, lost 40% of the battery in less than 2 total hours. I did a PWR+VolDown reset, and put my phone on top of my CPU cooler fans, and got the battery cooled off. Plugged it in, and charge via computer. Now, it's not having the draining, nor issue once I got the temp down. Have had it unplugged for a while now, at 88%, still not great for not using it, but battery and phone are still cool. Will continue to update later, once I put it back on regular charger, see what happens. I hope it was a) reset, or b) cooling battery, or c) both. Time will tell.

HarleyBigDog

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
And sure enough, had it out with me, in a pocket since the last post, got home, phone down to about 70%. Plugged it in with the usual cable, and charge up just fine, battery and phone normal temperature. Not sure what the culprit was in all this, but for now, seems to be working fine again.

Now if only the Band 2 would keep a reliable and regular charge.

Who knows, maybe it's just me and my magnetic personality.

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm also seeing this but intermittently. Sometimes it checks as scheduled, sometimes it doesn't. 950 XL DS US

I just discovered (for me) it DOES sync automatically but only when connected to Wi-Fi. Went looking for a new setting that might have been added for this but I didn't find anything :(

Ernest Kitindi

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Have had similar issues on my lumia 950xl dual sim. After the update, a reboot took all of 2 and a half hours. Now every reboot takes approx half an hour.
Edge cannot launch at all.
Battery life is extremely bad.
Theres an issue with the lock screen, especially when the battery is at or below50%, where the screen remains black on wake up, and o have to hit the power button several times. Happens also when a call comes in.
To me its a really buggy build......been 20 min and its stilk rebooting after restarting on ots own....:crying:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Have had similar issues on my lumia 950xl dual sim. After the update, a reboot took all of 2 and a half hours. Now every reboot takes approx half an hour.
Edge cannot launch at all.
Battery life is extremely bad.
Theres an issue with the lock screen, especially when the battery is at or below50%, where the screen remains black on wake up, and o have to hit the power button several times. Happens also when a call comes in.
To me its a really buggy build......been 20 min and its stilk rebooting after restarting on ots own....:crying:

Why people get Insider beta software without reading any word of warnings and know iussues on official release news?????.
The 30 min boot logo is a reported iussue on some devices, phone starts normally after that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss