Windows 10 Mobile build 15051 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Just had my first problem. Was reading a thread with Tapatalk and my 640 froze, then started vibrating continuously. Had to soft reset to recover.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
So, interesting story: I am a Bell Canada customer and I noticed some time ago that the MyBell Mobile app was no longer working on Fast Ring builds. I tweeted at Bell asking about it and they told me they were no longer supporting Windows phone. (This was a number of weeks ago.) After installing the current Fast Ring build, I checked for app updates and, lo and behold, there was an update for MyBell Mobile. I installed in and the app is working for me again!

A small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday Cortana started to handle texts correctly, but I mostly have experienced that issue too. I did an in-place upgrade last evening so today we will see how 15051 runs.

Cortana seems to be handling texts through Bluetooth on 15051... I didn't do extensive testing, but the one text I received this morning, she read and let me reply without a hitch!

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
So far, so good. Granted, I did a hard reset after the last firmware update, but maybe that helped clear out issues I had.
I still see a bit of lag when trying to close the camera after taking pictures, and a delay when scrolling through notification settings, but at least everything else works pretty well.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. Stable and fast. Only 2 minor issues. I had to do a soft reset to view youtube in landscape, and the "notifications" in settings was a little laggy in responding. On an HP Elite x3.

Rhulani Nyoni

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
After installing the new version Facebook no longer works, i had to download Beta version for Facebook, WhatsApp is also affected, it on load forever then dies. I'm using Lumia 640. please HELP ANYONE. I've everything possible resetting the entire phone, uninstalling and re-installing both OS and Apps

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Messaging history..... (self explanatory). I tried to try my luck and sync with Skype instead, nothing.

I hope it's still saved on their servers.

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
So far so good. Stable and fast. Only 2 minor issues. I had to do a soft reset to view youtube in landscape, and the "notifications" in settings was a little laggy in responding. On an HP Elite x3.

I have moved from the production build to the fast ring two builds ago.

I haven't done a hard reset and I reckon this one is the fastest and more reliable build I've seen so far on my Lumia 950.

This feels like what the WM10 should have been from the start. Really happy with my phone right now.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone finding the Bluetooth sound coming out of this build is less than the previous build? I had to crank up my bose to get it to where I had it last time. By about 2 points...

Sent from mTalk

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Installed yesterday on 950 XL, going to give Groove a test drive to see if it is easier on the battery.

All seems very good. No app crashes, the only glitch is the text messages not restoring but that is not the first time, MS resolved that in a couple weeks on a later build. I would think it'll be fine.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
No issues so far on my 1520. The forums are now so boring when everything is working great!:grin:

Give it a couple more days ;) I saw the same initial reaction to 15047.... everyone loved it and things were great. Then several days later it seemed like the thread was full of issues.

I am interested to read that they seem to be looking into a OneDrive sync issue with a fix coming. I sent feedback (several times) that OneDrive seemed to be using way more battery than it should on 15043 and 15047... I hope it is related. If so it would be the first time I can remember that ANYTHING I reported actually got looked into and fixed.

I just hope that we get through this to a stable OS before the entire world gives up on Windows Mobile. There's a lot to like here (both hardware and software) but it is not looking good......

I haven't installed 15051 yet.... our cable internet has been out for a couple days due to the wind storm this Wednesday and I don't want to use my metered phone data for the download. Hopefully it will be back up today.

Paul

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Coming from someone whose 950XL has turned into a bedside alarm clock / ebook reader, MS needs a better algorithm for determining active hours. My phone started installing the update around midnight, which is basically the only time I still do use it! :)

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed a drastic reduction in the amount of battery eaten by the Edge browser in this build, which is quite good. My 950 even used to get a little warm during web browsing before, and now it runs cooler than ever.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Coming from someone whose 950XL has turned into a bedside alarm clock / ebook reader, MS needs a better algorithm for determining active hours. My phone started installing the update around midnight, which is basically the only time I still do use it! :)

You can set the active hours yourself in Settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss