Windows 10 Mobile build 15210 Discussion (Redstone 3; Fast Ring)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I found many feedback items regarding the focus issue. I believe one was marked as being worked on.

Yes, I upvoted all I could find. This is problem with Feedback Hub, to me. Too many variations on the same issue being posted dilutes the impact of the issue. But maybe MSFT takes that into account.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Since 15208 I've experienced my 640 freezing for up to 30 secs at a time several times per day. Edge has gone completely batty, reloading pages and spontaneously closing. Things had gotten pretty smooth up until now.

I think I'm finally done. Going to run by Best Buy at lunch and pick up a cheapo android like I got my wife last month and give it a try. I'm tired of stuff just not working.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Yes, I upvoted all I could find. This is problem with Feedback Hub, to me. Too many variations on the same issue being posted dilutes the impact of the issue. But maybe MSFT takes that into account.

That's what Collections are for. Microsoft tries to combine feedback that tackles similar issues and lumps them together.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Since 15208 I've experienced my 640 freezing for up to 30 secs at a time several times per day. Edge has gone completely batty, reloading pages and spontaneously closing. Things had gotten pretty smooth up until now.

I think I'm finally done. Going to run by Best Buy at lunch and pick up a cheapo android like I got my wife last month and give it a try. I'm tired of stuff just not working.

You're on the Fast Ring, what do you expect? This is definitely not the place to go if you want things to be stable. You clearly need to stay on the Release Preview or Production rings.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
It says the device the feedback is for is not mobile, so upvoting is turned off for me (I'm only an insider for mobile).

my bad! try: https://insider.windows.com/en-us/f...d=7932f0bc-b288-4075-b2ce-786dcf257069&form=2, if that doesn't work the heading is: Camera focus still not fixed as of build 15210

FYI: I also updated all Camera Focus issues listed in feedback....but, the most current submission was dated 4mos ago, that is why I put the timestamp of build 15210 in the Title Line.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
They're neither. It's not RS2 or RS3, it's between them. Feature2 (F2).

Not according to my contacts in Microsoft. It's rs2-feature 2. But the other poster is correct, it doesnt really matter.
My main complaint on this build is battery life. I'm seeing much more consumption than previously. I'm also having intermittent keyboard popup issues in Edge again. Aside from the long standing HP issue of SD card disconnects, no other issues on this build. HP Elite X3 US.

Last edited:

Jackalito

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Guys, I'm on production build of RS2 on my L950 XL, and I keep suffering from an issue I reported a few months back while on the Insider program.

The problem is that the system becomes unresponsive when I'm tweaking what apps can be run in the background and what apps cannot. First, the system slows down to a crawl, and it eventually freezes the whole system, forcing me to do a soft reset. It took me almost an hour to complete the setup ☹

Now, every now and then, when I go to the same setting page, I see apps appearing more than once or sometimes one app may get misconfigured, and I have to set it again.

Can you guys tell me if this problem is being addressed with the new builds?
Thank you 😊

Sent from mTalk

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded this build yesterday and this morning noticed a very odd side effect. 2/3 of my apps are doubled in the "all apps" section, with one being the app and the other being a darkened version of the app that says "pending" under it. Anyone else have this weird issue?

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

You going to Android because you are have stability issues on the Fast Ring?? You do know that you are running software that is not ready for the general public right? Why not try the Release ring and see if that makes things a little more stable?

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Other than the "all apps" issue that popped up on my 1520, I have seen some improvements on both my 1520 and 1320. Glance screen is no longer showing the wrong time on my 1320 and my 1520 seems to have better battery life so far.

And as far as camera, my 1320 takes better pictures than it ever has, including on 8.1 and my 1520 has always taken great pics. But I am not much of a "picture person" to begin with.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded this build yesterday and this morning noticed a very odd side effect. 2/3 of my apps are doubled in the "all apps" section, with one being the app and the other being a darkened version of the app that says "pending" under it. Anyone else have this weird issue?

I have had two apps in 'All Apps' that display's this behavior, and has been doing so for about 3 builds now.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

You don't need to buy another phone unless you want to. Just revert to the released Creators Update version of W10. For me anyway it works pretty well when I get tired of the constant flow of unaddressed bugs on insider releases. And I would hope that any remaining bugs would get worked out faster on a released branch?

Paul

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Even with release preview, there were too many things that just don't work right. Edge reloading pages constantly, Bluetooth only connecting in my car half of the time, no really usable FB app. I've put with it for 2 years now and I'm tired of it. I'm typing this on my new Android phone and I've yet to have a single problem with it.

Granted, it's clunky and disjointed compared to WP, but everything works. I didn't want to leave, but Edge has bombed on me for the last time. The wasted potential of WP makes me very sad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)