Windows 10 Mobile build 15210 Discussion (Redstone 3; Fast Ring)

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I pretty much agree. With Android 7.x, Android (for me, anyway) arrived and works perfectly.... with terrific battery life. I keep playing around with Windows because in the big picture I think the concept of a single OS for all my devices makes sense. Plus, I had hopes that Windows would support older phones than Android does since there is far less hardware fragmentation.

Unfortunately, Windows dropped support for one of my older phones long ago and I suspect my 950 is next..... so much for long term support. Too bad too, since the 950 ticks all my boxes (GREAT camera, wireless charging, SD card, good screen, replaceable battery). Like you, I was keeping up with all the insider releases and waiting for the OS to settle down into something reliable and usable. Sadly, that has not happened. Each new release seems to add inconsequential new functions and the really major stability / usability issues never seem to get addressed in spite of (sometimes) massive feedback. So I flip back and forth between my nice stable and usable Nexus 5X (with its freely upgradable and downgradable firmware) and the 950.

Unless MS has something up their sleeve, it seems to me if the OS ever really settles down it will be after the ship has sunk. If it hasn't sunk already, that is.

Paul

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Being annoyed by the Edge problems which are perpetuating from build 14393 and on, I signed in for the fast ring two weeks ago. I run 15063.251 on a Lumia phone 640 and still didn't get any future fast ring builds so far. Am I doing something wrong?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
All is working well here. No double apps. Battery slightly better than before. Battery control of background usage of apps works very well (clearly better than in any Android) ...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon