Windows 10 Mobile build 15215 Discussion (Redstone 3; Fast Ring)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
MS

Windows 10 PC build 16199 and Mobile build 15215 now available for Insiders | Windows Central

Changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

• We fixed an issue where the Call audio did not move to speaker after removing the headset on some phones.
  • We have improved power and performance for apps, such as Fitbit, for pair, connect, sync and notifications.
  • We fixed an issue where notifications would not be mirrored to the user’s PC and Cortana’s cross-device settings would not persist.

Known issues for Mobile

• The copyright date is incorrect under Settings > System > About. It shows as 2016 when it should be 2017. Thanks to the Windows Insiders that reported this!
  • In some cases, the WeChat app may crash on launch.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 3 build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15215, discuss it here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Installed. Took about 25 minutes. Still have camera focus issues. Honestly that is my biggest concern right now, and the one issue that is keeping me from truly enjoying my device. I know this is fast ring and there may be some issues, but I had the same issue on release preview too. Was hoping it would be fixed at some point. Think I might bite the bullet and use WRDT to roll back to AU.

ugur23

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded and installed few mins ago. I'm not sure but i think they fixed RAM usage issue. Camera , facebook and other apps isnt crashing anymore . (640XL) ramusageafterupd.jpg

i will make few more tests

ugur23

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Nope my camera still crashes but other apps doesnt.
Anybody have "saving..." issue on 640XL or other devices ? after i take few picture it appears and stays forever except i do soft reset. Then it reappears. My card speed is enough. I will move all pictures from my device so i can verify problem is caused by Insider Preview or not

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Your post is useless, like so many others.

List your damn device if you are having problems!

Do you people tell the mechanic that your car is stalling, but do not tell them what make/model you have?

Use your heads people!!!!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't have the Office issues on my 950 (just camera as previously noted). Seems to be working pretty well through last night and this morning, no resets. Battery maybe slightly better as well.

ugur23

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Nope my camera still crashes but other apps doesnt.
Anybody have "saving..." issue on 640XL or other devices ? after i take few picture it appears and stays forever except i do soft reset. Then it reappears. My card speed is enough. I will move all pictures from my device so i can verify problem is caused by Insider Preview or not

Tried hard reset. "Saving..." issue is gone but when i take 7- 10 pics with 1 sec interval , camera crashes. If i enable HDR and living images , camera crashes when i take 2nd picture even with 10 sec interval.
Maybe 1GB Ram isnt enough even for Windows 10 Mobile. I didnt see any issue except camera
--I Use 640XL--

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Might not be a RAM issue. I get it the same "Saving..." on my 950 if I try to take HDR pictures that close together. Happened after the 5th picture for me, and then after it goes away it comes back after each picture. I never take pictures this close together, so I don't know if this happened in the past.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Installed. Took about 25 minutes. Still have camera focus issues. Honestly that is my biggest concern right now, and the one issue that is keeping me from truly enjoying my device. I know this is fast ring and there may be some issues, but I had the same issue on release preview too. Was hoping it would be fixed at some point. Think I might bite the bullet and use WRDT to roll back to AU.

Did you try a hard reset? My 1520 is not having any issues with the camera. In fact, I used my camera for both pics and video at my son's track meet and impressed all the parents around me.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This build is running great on my 1520. More stable than W10M has ever been and battery life has improved slightly. I am really liking this "feature2" branch!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you try a hard reset? My 1520 is not having any issues with the camera. In fact, I used my camera for both pics and video at my son's track meet and impressed all the parents around me.

Yeah tried that already on this build as well as the 15063 build. I actually had to use my iPhone SE for pictures at work today :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb