Windows 10 Mobile build 15226 Discussion (Fast Ring)

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Just connected my Idol 4s to my Bayan Bluetooth speaker which I had been having trouble doing on previous CU builds.
That's refreshing if nothing else.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
For some reason I couldn't pull the notification bar/action centre down earlier, turning the phone off and on again has resolved that.

I've seen people mention that Mail doesn't work in Continuum. I tried this out this morning. I used my SP4 as the monitor, wirelessly projecting (I don't have a dock) my L950 via the Continuum app. There's a noticeable lag over wireless. I opened the Mail app, selected a couple of old emails and it worked as expected being able to read them. No crash. Mail app is Version 17.8241.40986.0. (I was definitely using the Mail app via Continuum and hadn't accidentally opened the native SP4 one!!)

Sent from mTalk

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm still getting, (though far and few between), random restarts and also my device locks down very occasionally displaying a black screen before I have to restart.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
The alarm bug is extremely annoying!

Work and home computers are affected by it.

If an alarm goes off on my phone it will go off on the computer as well.
Dismissing the alarm on the phone will not trigger the alarm to dismiss on the computer.
The alarm will just ring indefinitely on a computer until I dismiss it.

I have to find a work around.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If you have a problem with Bluetooth, disconnect and remove from the Bluetooth device your phone and unplug the Bluetooth device power (if its a car, turn off the car completely, open and close the driving door, and wait 5min... if you have something to tell you that the system is off then wait to indicate that the infotainment system is out of power).

Then remove the Bluetooth device from your phone.

Then press and hold the power button and wait for the phone force restart (don't do a shutdown, the phone does like Windows 10 on PC where it partially hibernates).

Now, wait for your phone to full boot, once in the start screen wait a moment, as it continues to load everything, and then connect to the Bluetooth device doing a pair as if it was a new device with your Bluetooth device. If that fails, try using a pairing code method.

This should work. Now, keep in mind that it won't fix the performance issues, or other issues, but you'll be able to connect again.

Hope this helps.

Bastiaandegoede

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
In this build i did a factory reset on my Lumia 950 XL and have set a back-up back. And i got some apps that are gone from the store?! Maybe from the back-up.

Before i had a lot of freezes and random restarts, but now it really works great. :D
I think the factory reset fixed it because of all the lots of builds that i have installed last year over time.

Battery use is a lot better got now 55 % and have used it for 11 hour.
Bluetooth works great with my radio in the car. So no problems there.

I got only a weird frond by " windows update"

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The most annoying thing for me since a bunch of builds is that if you receive a call while you have headphone it comes out of the phone speakers at the same time as you headphones. And not only that, it goes FULL BLAST with no volume control on the speaker. Pressing the volume down button while it rings just mutes/ignores the call. This is real annoying if I am listening to music at work with headphones on. The whole floor hears my phone if it rings. Good thing for Quiet Hour feature, which is the only thing that holds me from binning the phone.

Yes it has been posted in the feedback hub, but has little votes.
I have the Lumia 950 XL DS

N8tiveT3ch

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
To tell you the truth the keyboard lag is a little annoying when it comes to some website forms. Other than that I have not experienced any crashes...now I still think that the insider builds work best on a Lumia device and maybe on a HP device...The insider builds were horrible on the Alcatel idol 4s device I had.

anon(8922964)

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Things have (in my opinion) become so darn boring, I decided to stay on stable Windows 10 Mobile. It is a waste of time to install these incredibly boring builds! Stable to Insider is the same for Mobile, not worth the time!

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, installed last night and, so far, have noticed the following:

- extreme lag typing this post

950XL DS

I completely AGREE with this one. Really slow typing experience everywhere. The letters pop up after 2-2.5 seconds sometimes. Annoying. Lumia 650.

Also, I've had quite a lot of random reboots since the past 2-3 build updates. Sometimes, it happens while using the phone but it has also happened when charging and idle for 3 hours. The only way I noticed this is because when you check the ACTION CENTER after a reboot, you'll see the quick action buttons getting *refreshed*. They get their color (for example, for the Wi-Fi toggle, Mobile Data, etc).

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting, (though far and few between), random restarts and also my device locks down very occasionally displaying a black screen before I have to restart.

Same here on my Lumia 950XL. I've been getting random restarts since I had my device replaced a few (~6) months ago (haptic feedback stopped working on my last device). Just this past Saturday my device restarted 5 times. Adding insult to injury, it happened in front of my wife who left WM for iOS...nothing but jokes. It's getting harder and harder to defend the platform.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I updated to build 15226.0 as soon as it was released on my NL 950XL DS & to date I have not encountered any issues. This build has been very stable for me & my newly acquired Fitbit Blaze ( God rest my Band 2's soul) is working flawlessly with my phone.

Note ( I did a reset immediately after installing this build & didn't restore from backup.)

In addition my wife's HTC One M8 is on the same build & rocking her Fitbit Charge 2.

Last edited:

Bastiaandegoede

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Same here on my Lumia 950XL. I've been getting random restarts since I had my device replaced a few (~6) months ago (haptic feedback stopped working on my last device). Just this past Saturday my device restarted 5 times. Adding insult to injury, it happened in front of my wife who left WM for iOS...nothing but jokes. It's getting harder and harder to defend the platform.

I had that too, i fixed it to back-up the phone -> factory reset -> set back-up back. :D

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The alarm bug is extremely annoying!

Work and home computers are affected by it.

If an alarm goes off on my phone it will go off on the computer as well.
Dismissing the alarm on the phone will not trigger the alarm to dismiss on the computer.
The alarm will just ring indefinitely on a computer until I dismiss it.

I have to find a work around.
@TennisGuy45 is your PC on an insider build? I've never noticed dismissing notifications to propagate over to the PC side. Would be nice if this did work.

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
My Xbox one app wont connect with my Xbox after installing this build. I did a hard reset and still didn't work so i went back to previous public release. From now on I think ill just stick to insider release preview

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss