Windows 10 Mobile build 15226 Discussion (Fast Ring)

Scott McBurney

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I've definitely noticed battery drain with my Lumia 950 on the last few builds. I've typically used 50% or more of my battery by noon, and have to charge up my phone before heading home from work. Of course, I am a heavy user - using the wifi hotspot for the hour long train ride in the morning, and again in the evening, but still I used to get much better battery life in the past.

Srivardhan Srb

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
My phone's lock screen is behaving oddly after the update.
after making a phone call, the phone automatically goes to black screen (may be due to the sensor that turns off display during call, proximity sensor i think) and i have to press the lock button 3-4 times for the screen to come back again.
its a bit frustrating at times...
and of course our very favorite battery drain issue...

LennH

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
So far this build has been smooth for me. I've only had a few hangs where it would freeze on using the app switcher. What has been impacted for me is battery life. With the previous build I had a standby of 2 days and with light-moderate use it would be at approximately 40%. This is being unplugged at 7 am and checking batter life at around 9 pm. The stand by time has now been reduced to 1 day 5 hours and the battery drains faster than before. I have not done any hard resets for the last 3 builds.

xela kufner

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Well, installed last night and, so far, have noticed the following:

- dismissing alarm on phone does not dismiss it on my W10 laptop, as it did previously

- phone has frozen twice, requiring soft reset each time

- extreme lag typing this post

950XL DS
Is it available for Lumia 640

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Working well. Snappy and stable. Battery usage can be better, but old Silverlight app Whatsapp sux a lot of juice so no wonders to be expected really.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Finally took the plunge and joined the Insiders Program, Fast Ring, but mainly because my new Fitbit Charge 2 (ugh, 7th Band 2 finally started flaking out, dying even with 98% battery) is supposed to handle text notifications with their Open Beta app. Was working right after 15226 update, but now not so much. Understood it's more of a Fitbit thing, but will be testing these Insider builds too...

Marekt77

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Does NFC still work? I have a 950XL and since the last few builds, NFC works only briefly right after reboot, then it just stops.

I have a pair of headphones that are NFC enabled, and it was awesome just to tap my phone to them and have them turn on and connect. This has stopped working. :(

Also I am a bit worried that Mobile will NOT be getting the Fall Creators Update. Remember how we were told that the break in build numbers was to do some internal fixes, and we would be back on the same build as the desktop? Well it is almost July, and Fall is not that far away. I would think the merge would have happened by now, but it would seem that is not the case.

This just confirms my suspicion that Windows Mobile has entered maintenance mode... :(

shortydaniel24

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I haven't noticed any lag. I'm running tis on my lumia 650 and it seems snappier now than before. Unlocking the phone is faster. I've noticed when I'm one a phone call and also doing navigation on my phone a d the screen is off the screen doesn't like to come back on when pressing the power button while in phone call and navigation. Have to press it a few times for screen to come back on. Other than that seem pretty solid

ZeMintCool

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
@L950XL: Strange font for WINDOWS UPDATE under Settings>Update & Security (on L1520, this is fine). And yes the stores live tile not working but otherwise no issues.

kk1100101

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
We have the same device (Lumia 950 XL DS). Well, I just made some testing, by adding a new device, "TrackR" tracking bluetooth device. No problem at all. Old bluetooth connections (already paired) seem working well too ...

A bit OT, but how do you use TrackR with your Windows Phone? AFAIK there's no WP app provided by them?

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, a hard reset and SEVERAL soft resets, and, finally I can connect new Bluetooth devices. Unfortunately, quite often the Bluetooth stops working and the phone wont restart without a soft rest, scanning on the memory card, and then a reset.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, a hard reset and SEVERAL soft resets, and, finally I can connect new Bluetooth devices. Unfortunately, quite often the Bluetooth stops working and the phone wont restart without a soft rest, scanning on the memory card, and then a reset.

No problem here. I am using Plantronic Edge bluetooth headset almost all the time, it has been working well ... this build is good for my Lumia 950XL DS, so far so good :)

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's so weird how some people have no issues and others have many

Yeah, agreed. Well, I am prepared to make hard reset too, but there is no reason to do it at the moment. All is working well with my Lumia 950XL DS (Europe model), bought 2017.

If I have to claim, then I claim that Facebook and Messenger open super slowly, but that's all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077