Windows 10 Mobile build 15228 Discussion (Fast Ring)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
From Microsoft

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-16232

Changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

• We have fixed notifications (SMS, Calendar) with all Fitbit trackers.
  • We have fixed crashes reported while using Photos app.
  • We have fixed a deployment issue in where if an admin uses ActiveSyncCSP to provisioning email account on device running the Windows 10 Creators Update without providing a valid password, and the email server enforces a limited number of denied access retries, then the server will lock out the email account.
  • We have improved battery performance by fixing a bug in a scenario where 30% more power was used during Camera app preview and capture mode.
  • Some Insiders provided feedback that playing video on phone resulted in a black flash and/or stuttering when in landscape mode. We have fixed this issue.
  • We have improved Bluetooth connectivity with Garmin Wearable devices.
  • General improvement in reliability of phones by fixing top crash issues.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 3 (?) build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15228, discuss it here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
[/INFO]

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Other than that, my 950XL seems snappy on this build so far. Still early days, of course...

EDIT: First glitch this morning. When I left my home wifi, I had no data. Even though data was enabled for my sim, the phone acted like it had no data connection. Had to restart phone to fix it. Been OK since, though.

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
The only issue I noticed on this build, so far, is: when I am in 'Settings', on a Topic Header, or Topic Sub-Header; when I reduce the screen to half size (by holding down the windows icon), I am unable to scroll to the bottom on the page's content - this seems to only happen on the Settings' Topic Header, and Sub-Header pages - all returns to normal when on the content pages, further down into the hierarchical structure. (950XL, DS, US)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
The only issue I noticed on this build, so far, is: when I am in 'Settings', on a Topic Header, or Topic Sub-Header; when I reduce the screen to half size (by holding down the windows icon), I am unable to scroll to the bottom on the page's content - this seems to only happen on the Settings' Topic Header, and Sub-Header pages - all returns to normal when on the content pages, further down into the hierarchical structure. (950XL, DS, US)

Just checked - same for me on my 950XL DS

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
So far this build is running well, but, a few of my apps are "pending" and cant be opened. Not sure if they will fix themselves as the fresh update settles down a little, but this is the first time I have seen such a thing on this phone.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

I'm still on the previous Fast Ring build, having moved to Slow Ring for now as 15226 has been stable for me and, while there's no new features being added, I can't be bothered with weekly upgrading. I'm intending to upgrade to every other Fast Ring release (unless I read in one of these threads that battery life has been improved significantly or something of that ilk ;-) ). Anyway, I've just tested and this also happens on 15226 - from the Settings page it will only scroll down to "Time & Language" in one-handed mode.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What are "inbox apps"? I confess I do not understand the whole note on inbox apps at the beginning of the blog post here:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...32-pc-build-15228-mobile/#odYH5Jji2YGP6oOv.97

Can someone explain it? Does it apply to mobile? I got an update for Outlook Mail and Calendar yesterday. Isn't that an "inbox app"?

If you have been listening to the news around Windows 10 you may have heard the phrase "in-box apps".

This term is used to describe those official apps from Microsoft that are included with the installation of Windows 10.

There are six of these apps and they are actually separate from the operating system but are included to provide the user basic functionality in key areas.

They have two unique properties:
1) They cannot be uninstalled like other Windows Store apps although you can choose an alternate app as the default for that functionality (Windows Settings>System>Default apps).

2) Although they are installed alongside the operating system they are developed by a separate app team instead of the Windows OS team. This allows updates to the app as necessary without needing an OS update to add new functionality or bug fixes. This aspect of updating these apps is part of the Windows as a Service (WaaS) process of keeping Windows up to date.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/ask-winobs-what-are-inbox-apps-provided-windows-10

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
If you have been listening to the news around Windows 10 you may have heard the phrase "in-box apps".

This term is used to describe those official apps from Microsoft that are included with the installation of Windows 10.

There are six of these apps and they are actually separate from the operating system but are included to provide the user basic functionality in key areas.

They have two unique properties:
1) They cannot be uninstalled like other Windows Store apps although you can choose an alternate app as the default for that functionality (Windows Settings>System>Default apps).

2) Although they are installed alongside the operating system they are developed by a separate app team instead of the Windows OS team. This allows updates to the app as necessary without needing an OS update to add new functionality or bug fixes. This aspect of updating these apps is part of the Windows as a Service (WaaS) process of keeping Windows up to date.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/ask-winobs-what-are-inbox-apps-provided-windows-10

Thanks for this, Mark. Clarified things greatly for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb