Windows 10 Mobile on Blu Win HD

bmalato

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
My dad, boyfriend and I bought the Blu Win HD last Christmas. We were so happy with it. Then we thought it was a good a idea to become Windows Insiders and get the preview builds of W10 Mobile. Oh, man. The bugs, the crashes, the decreased battery life, the super heating for no reason, ... At some point this past semester my boyfriend got and e-mail from Windows Insider saying that his cell phone - the same as mine and my dad's - got the upgrade by mistake, that W10 was not ready for Blu HD. It also mentioned that factory resetting the phone could brick it. However, my dad and I never got that e-mail. As opposed to throwing it against the wall, my dad decided to reset it. He said it still sucks, most apps (not only 3rd party, but OS apps to, such as messages, mail, cortana...) still don't work, but there was some improvement. Anyway, I feel like I'm back in the 2000's, when phone only made calls and sent texts. Minus Snake.

Has anyone had the same troubled experience? Any light on when the official build for Blu Win HD will come out? Any advices?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Wow dreadful.. Not sure if the windows devices recovery tool supports the Blu win, but you could give it a shot :)

Do you have the current insider build? is it still buggy?

saintmonster

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a doubt about Blu Win HD as a participant in the Insider's program cause this phone is not as widely available as the lumias and MS to direct preview builds to this phone seems very suspicious to me(taking into consideration that HTC 8X will not get the W10 mobile ever)
I was just about to download W10 preview builds to my phone but than I just thought of checking out these forums..
It seems BLU WIN HD insiders are facing troubles with preview builds.. Thanks for ur post.. I will now just wait for the official update..

I think.. Official update for this phone will air approximately after a month or two of official releases to Lumia handsets..

Serge S

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I installed the official update yesterday and although I was mega-super skeptical, because MS has a talent for messing things up, and prepared for worst, it actually didn't brick my phone and after tinkering with the settings I am feeling very exited so far. Everything works great. Even battery seems to last longer, which already had a great life span. The only thing that got messed up is my work email (I have to re-set it) and contacts. I had to disable a lot of default crap, like facebook integration, a lot of background processes and apps.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I know this is old, but I just pulled an old Blu Win HD out of storage and would like to install Windows 10 on it. When I check for updates it says there are no updates available. So how did you manage to upgrade it to Windows 10 mobile?

(And no, I'm not interested in the insider program because I want a stable release)

Hope you can help!

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I know this is old, but I just pulled an old Blu Win HD out of storage and would like to install Windows 10 on it. When I check for updates it says there are no updates available. So how did you manage to upgrade it to Windows 10 mobile?

(And no, I'm not interested in the insider program because I want a stable release)

Hope you can help!

You need the update advisor app available at the store first! Have luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077