windows 10 Mobile still missing and most requested feature.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Share your windows 10 Mobile missing and most requested feature that's not available in current builds.
My requested features-
1: Landscape start screen in phone.
2: Interactive live tiles.
3: Install(Sideload) apps manually.
4: Background downloading.
5: Downloads showing in notification centre.
6: Give permission to access apps to setting.(Ex- now shareit app not able to automatically turn on WIFI or hotspot.)
I miss those feature current build of windows 10 mobile build.
I post this forum URL to windows phone uservoice site. So please friends support me to share our feedback to Microsoft team. So give as possible as vote in this uservoice site URL-
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...78244-windows-10-mobile-still-missing-feature
and keep post feedback in this forum

Last edited:

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Share your windows 10 Mobile missing and most requested feature that's not available in current builds.
My requested features-
1: Landscape start screen in phone. I agree.
2: Increative live tiles. What does this mean?
3: Install(Sideload) apps manually. Can be done if you enable Developer Mode in Settings.
4: Background downloading. I know of 2 apps that do this: Edge and wpTorrent.
5: Downloads showing in notification centre. I also agree.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

2: Sorry for spelling mistake that's interactive live tiles.
3: Not able to install any apps even you turn on developer mode.
4: Background downloading not work properly in edge. In downloading if you still in start screen 5-10 min after return to Microsoft edge. The downloads was cancelled.

mj95

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
1. Background downloading is coming to edge in rtm w10 mobile release ms confirmed that
2. There is a option in settings called radios which allow apps to enable Bluetooth or WiFi(may be hotspot) which can be used by an app shareit or multiplayer games via Bluetooth.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
1. Background downloading is coming to edge in rtm w10 mobile release ms confirmed that
2. There is a option in settings called radios which allow apps to enable Bluetooth or WiFi(may be hotspot) which can be used by an app shareit or multiplayer games via Bluetooth.

I turn on/off radios but not working. Shareit not able turn on automatically WiFi or hotspot.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. I really don't think that a landscape start screen will be good. I've used iOS with a landscape thing and it wasn't too pretty.

2. My concern with interactive live tiles is how to distinguish whether a touch is meant to open the tile or activate a feature on the tile.

3. 10 does have a sideloading option actually, I don't know if/how it works though.

Just my take on those.

What features I want? I'll have to give you an IOU on that.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
My requested features-
1: Landscape start screen in phone. Never gonna happn.
2: Interactive live tiles. This will happen, but not in WP 10. Maybe a later update, or even WP 11 or something.
3: Install(Sideload) apps manually. Already there.
4: Background downloading.They said it's coming with the first or the second update to WP 10. GDR1 or GDR2, or whatever they'll be called.
5: Downloads showing in notification centre. I don't think it's possible with the current notification center. I think it's going to need a big update to implement that.
6: Give permission to access apps to setting.(Ex- now shareit app not able to automatically turn on WIFI or hotspot.) Already present.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Ability to set password for apps so your sneaky friends can't burn your battery with the apps you didn't allow them to use :)

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Tathering(System to Mobile and ViceVersa)
App locks(We can open apps from main list with the present app lock apps)
Photo Lock(Should remove photos automatically from photos library. Have limitation with present photo lock apps)
Instead resuming/loading openings apps at the previous state

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Lock apps- settings >account>app corner....dont know if it works but it's there.
Landscape start- not a bad idea. I remember the Nokia n900 having 2 "start" screens. One for portrait and one for landscape. Both could be arranged independently, rather than system arranged. That would be nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria