Windows 10 & Pro tools

oshea

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I hope to get a cloned disc and start testing some of my software real soon in my main laptop with W. 10, but I wanted to ask if any one has tried any of the pro tools software on W.10 and what were your results?
-oshea

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
What Pro Tools software are you referring to? If you mean Avid ProTools then IMO it should work but as this is an Avid product you never know.. /s

​Use Reaper myself and it's just fine, better in fact than it was on 8 and certainly 7

oshea

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, I was surprised. I have HP pavilion laptop with an i7core, 8gig of ram and a Windows.7, plus a SSD HD.
So I cloned my main hard drive and then with the clone I updated to windows 10 to start testing.
First impressions is that I liked it. At any rate, my old Pro Tools M-powered 9 for some reason works. Happy about that for sure!
Also, I have a old bible program, "Bible Works" 4.0 designed for windows 95. And it still works 13 years later on Windows 10.
The odd thing is that it did not recognized my ADM graphics card, redeon (6490m) --switchable graphics. I put it to fixed mode in the bios and so it starts up with the Intel 3000 graphics but does not recognize the AMD even exists So far, that was the only negative run-up.
I did notice on Photo Matrix Pro that when I manually circled for ghosting the tracing would flash a little bit.

Last edited:

Lui Echegollen

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I took the chances and I updated to W10 in my secondary computer. Absolutely NO problems, I'm working on PT HD10, everything works great, even better, PT opens & closes faster than ever, and the CPU power increased a little bit (a session that in W7 consumed 67% now it consumes 59%, plus, it can handle 29 more heavy plugins, I overloaded every stereo channel with Waves Aphex Vintage Exciter in W7 and in W10 after the update, and the results were quite pleasing) Then, I updated my main work computer, same result. No glitches, bugs or anything. Btw, my secondary PC is a Gigabyte intel pentium dual core 2.9GHz, 4GB RAM and 128 GB SSD with an external 1TB HDD, my main computer is also a Gigabyte but with an i3 3220 3.3GHZ, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, a Western Digital 1TB HDD and an extrenal e-sata Seagate 2TB HDD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb