Windows 10 Recovery Options!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I'm going to try to explain the recovery options you have in Windows 10! This is how I see and use the recovery options for W10 OS. Here's a great read from MS.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options
The first thing and least evasive way is to try a restore point before you started having the issue.
I'm going to try and steal some more stuff from other links! Here how the refresh -reset works!
If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you could use push-button reset to refresh or reset Windows.

Refresh your PC Fixes software problems by reinstalling the OS while preserving the user data, user accounts, and important settings. All other preinstalled customizations are restored to their factory state. In Windows 10, this feature no longer preserves user-acquired Windows apps.

Reset your PC prepares the PC for recycling or for transfer of ownership by reinstalling the OS, removing all user accounts and contents (e.g. data, Classic Windows applications, and Universal Windows apps), and restoring preinstalled customizations to their factory state.

The options above are great for what they are intended for, but you could also do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything

Here's how to restore your OS and not lose your Apps. I've there and done it 3 times!:wink:
How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos
The repair of Windows 10, can resolve many problems in Windows 10 functionality and some times is the most reliable and quickest way to fix the Windows 10 malfunctions. Also the in-place Windows 10 upgrade, which performed with the repair process, ensures that Windows 10 have the latest updates and fixes installed.

You can also use the MCT that you created, to do a refresh-reset by booting up with it. I have also done that before. You will lose your Apps just like you do when you do a refresh-reset. I always try the in-place repair before the refresh-reset. I hate starting from scratch.:wink:
All you W10 techs please add or correct this thread where I'm wrong, or where there needs to be clarification! I have done all all of these things, and they all worked for me.
The best protection you will ever have is a 3rd back up image program and make regular back up images of your OS. Always have more then one way to get your PC back up and running. A back up image will make you fearless!:wink: You can also create a image with the W10 image feature and that is better then no back up image. IMHO a 3rd party is a much better choice. I use Macrium Reflect, but there are several free programs out there!
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-full-backup-windows-pc
Please feel free to add to this thread or correct it. I always welcome all comments and suggestions on all my threads!:grin:
I like teamwork and I like team players!:wink: I hope this helps members. I may add to this thread latter. There is the Advanced start up option and that can be very helpful to recover your W10. That's another ball game and also very useful. Here's a link that explains it and how to get to it!
It’ll come the time when you’ll need to troubleshoot or change certain PC settings that you won’t be able to perform while Windows is loaded. Similar to its predecessor, Windows 10 includes the “Windows Startup Settings” – or “Advanced startup” options (formerly known as “Advanced boot options”) – that can help you troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix your PC from virtually any problem that you may come across.
http://pureinfotech.com/access-advanced-startup-options-windows-10-troubleshoot-fix-pc/

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey People! Cut MS a little slack. I truly believe they are trying to create a OS that is easy to maintain, and easy for you to recover from issues you experience. We are in the early stages and IMHO, things will only get better. Sure there are bugs and I'm thinking they may have gotten in a hurry releasing W10. I don't like the way they force updates on us. We really don't have a lot of choices if we want to stay with windows. I can already see a improvement in the way my PC preforms. I think it's getting better then it was when they first released W10. I'm not going back and I'm going to make W10 work. Windows 7 was a great OS, but W10 will be better IMHO!
Happy computering! I'll see you on the forum!:wink:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friends! Here's some more good stuff from HTG, that will help you recover your W10 OS. If you haven't made a system repair CD or a recovery drive you are a fool and you shouldn't ' expect MS to bail you out of trouble because you are to lazy to do these things!:wink: Always have more then one way to recover and get your PC back up and running!:grin:
How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10
This is all I can do for you.. If you haven't done these things, you only have yourself to blame!:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria