Windows 10 upgrade failed with an 8007005 error. Can anyone help me?

Moondoggy

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Tonight I attempted to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro desktop PC to Windows 10 and it failed with an error code of 8007005. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? Windows 10 downloaded and then it took a long time to get through the "Preparing for Installation" step and then the install just failed when this step reached 100%. I'm trying to run the upgrade again but if it fails, I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Moondoggy

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, I finally got Windows 10 Pro installed with the help of a Microsoft 2nd level tech. To make a long story short (it took him 2 days to fix my problem) my system didn't have any corrupted system files however my system itself was corrupted. This was kind of strange news to me as my PC worked great but the tech downloaded a utility program called Tweaking.com Windows Repair and after checking off most of the boxes on the left of the screen, the utility ran thru my system and fixed whatever was corrupt. Once the corruptions were fixed I was able to install Windows 10 Pro from an install DVD I created on my laptop from the ISO file downloaded from Microsoft. Quite honestly I had never heard of this tool before and I if I ran into it I probably would have been scared to use it but because the Microsoft Tech used it on my machine I feel comfortable posting the utility's name here the forum. Hope this helps someone else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss