Windows 8, 17"+, TOUCHSCREEN laptop?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Do any manufacturer sell them? It seems W8 laptops with touchscreen are limited to 15" and below. I checked Dell, Sony, Lenovo, and Asus.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure I saw a 17" with touch in Currys PC World Birmingham at the weekend, but now I'm debating whether it was touch or not....think it was a Toshiba or Samsung...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure I saw a 17" with touch in Currys PC World Birmingham at the weekend, but now I'm debating whether it was touch or not....think it was a Toshiba or Samsung...
Just finished going through their sites and no 17" touchcreens. Weird. I wonder if its Windows 8 limitation or display makers simply dont make 17" touchscreens?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just finished going through their sites and no 17" touchcreens. Weird. I wonder if its Windows 8 limitation or display makers simply dont make 17" touchscreens?

hmm, thats a shame... I dont think it would be a Win8 issue, my money would be on it being too expensive to make such a large touch panel that it would price the product out of the market...

EDIT: In fact it cant be a Win8 issue because it works perfectly well on 20"+ all in ones...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
hmm, thats a shame... I dont think it would be a Win8 issue, my money would be on it being too expensive to make such a large touch panel that it would price the product out of the market...

EDIT: In fact it cant be a Win8 issue because it works perfectly well on 20"+ all in ones...

Which puts me in a dilemma. I think 15" is too close to my Surface and I don't want a desktop, which I haven't bought in years. I want a larger display, but still able to move it around the house with ease. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and hopefully someone will build them.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
This might be something you are looking for
http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/13/4096798/dell-reveals-xps-18-a-giant-all-in-one-windows-8-tablet
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

This actually might be something to consider, because I almost gave up on the 17" range. And I love that the article compared it to the Tap VAIO, because that was my front runner as I started to settle for all-in-ones.

EDIT: Hmmm... Pentium? I hope when this becomes available, we have the option for an i5 or i7.

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Keep an eye on origin pc. They already do beastly 17inch laptops although they cost a fair bit you can guarantee you'll outclass anything else out on the market. Wouldn't surprise me if they add a customisation option for touchscreen sometime soon.

ORIGIN PC | Custom Gaming Computers | Customize Your Power

I was keeping an eye out for Alienware to see if they came out with larger touch screens. I will definitely add this to my watch list.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was keeping an eye out for Alienware to see if they came out with larger touch screens. I will definitely add this to my watch list.

I think Origin are run by the guys that originally started Alienware before Dell bought them up and ruined the products. Don't quote me on that though, could be mistaken.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa