Windows 8 vs Windows 10

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
We have 3 active PC's here.
My desktop is on Windows 10, the others are on 7 and 8.1 currently.

W10 is OK...overall very stable as of right now.
Haven't had a lot of time to find all of it's shortcomings.
After installing it for free on my old 7 desktop it did a few strange things needing restarts and at least 2 rollbacks.

Edge on 10 was extremely buggy at first.
I don't use Edge much any more yet it is very stable now.

The regular patches are working well and improving operations lately.

Jackson Ombati

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Simple question - Windows 8 vs. Windows 10... which is better, and why? What do you roll with?

Hi James,
Are you using mobile or PC.
I'm my own opinion, w10 is far much better.
Use upgrade advisor app if mobile. For pc, you will need to have windows 8.1 pro, in order to upgrade free.

Regards,

Sent from mTalk

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Rocking Windows 10 on everything. I really didn't enjoy Windows 8 for PC as it just felt clunky or weird to me. Could never really get behind it. Windows 10 drastically changed that for me and has been great. Really loving the intuitiveness.

HK-1

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
yep same here, I'm tired of Windows 10 always I'm tweaking something here and there for me windows 8.1 x64 is the best O.S. no issues, no big updates, no spy well at least mine that also requires some tweak lol

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
If we could turn back the clock Windows 8.1 I'd be.

Have had way too many failures with Windows 10 in that it has managed to mess up one, or more than one aspect on each PC I own. Updates have been very hit-n-miss for me with us now finding ourselves sitting on edge just waiting for one to complete... Actually, I've stopped updating many of mine awhile ago because we are sick and tired of dealing with the aftermath.

Going back to the Windows 95 days can't say I recall one being so problematic as Windows 10 has been. Probably attributed to the "constant" updated MS installs on us, and one reason I'd prefer they tone it down to only one or two a year. Would give them more time to perfect, if that's possible.

It's really gotten to a point for me personally that I'm so tempted to dump Windows altogether if my present experiences continue. Didn't think I would have see a day when an OS took up so much of my time trying to diagnose in an attempt to resolve issues, gets downright frustrating at times. And no they are not all major issues yet the point is, the PC is no longer function as it was intended, or should be.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
If we could turn back the clock Windows 8.1 I'd be.

Have had way too many failures with Windows 10 in that it has managed to mess up one, or more than one aspect on each PC I own. Updates have been very hit-n-miss for me with us now finding ourselves sitting on edge just waiting for one to complete... Actually, I've stopped updating many of mine awhile ago because we are sick and tired of dealing with the aftermath.

Going back to the Windows 95 days can't say I recall one being so problematic as Windows 10 has been. Probably attributed to the "constant" updated MS installs on us, and one reason I'd prefer they tone it down to only one or two a year. Would give them more time to perfect, if that's possible.

It's really has gotten to a point for me personally that I'm so tempted to dump Windows altogether if my present experiences continue. Didn't think I would have seen a day when an OS took up so much of my time trying to diagnose in an attempt to resolve issues, gets downright frustrating at times. And no they are not all major issues yet the point is, the PC is no longer function as it was intended, or should be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea