Windows Admin problem

onemikekelly

Feb 10, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,

When I was made redundant from my previous company they let me keep my laptop but did not remove the company admin rights before I left.

I have spoken to them and they said they cannot help and I will need to sort this out myself.

Does anyone know how to remove admin rights for free as I cannot install any new programs or my printer as I am asked for a password everytime which I don't know. My main problem is the licence for MS Office has expired so I can't use Word or Excel, however I now have a licence I have purchased but cannot install.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Windows 10 installation disc is a good and free option for you to delete administrator account directly without login while you have no access or no admin rights to computer.

1. Boot your Windows 10 computer from installation disc.

2. Press Shift + F10 and replace the utilman.exe with cmd.exe using command line.

3. Type wpeutil reboot and exit installation disc instantly to reboot computer from hard drive.

4. When Windows 10 boots to login screen, click the ease of access icon to run Command Prompt without login.

5. Type the command "net user username /delete" and press Enter to delete administrator account without password login or admin rights.

Such a Windows 10 install disc also works in the same way to reset Windows 10 local admin password, create new administrator account in Windows 10 when cannot sign in. Just need to change the command line used to reset password or add/delete user account. So you can keep it in safe place or learn to create a Windows 10 installation disc when you need.

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Delete administrator account in Windows 10 Control Panel

1. Press Win + X and choose Control Panel in pop-up menu to open Control Panel.

2. Choose "User Accounts User Accounts Manage another account" in Control Panel.

3. Click the administrator account you want to remove or delete in user list.

4. Now you can make changes to this administrator account, just like "Delete the account"

5. Make sure if you want to delete files or keep files before really delete the administrator account.

May this help if no then use Windows Installation Disc method to remove admin account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes