Windows Central Website Laggy /Slow scrolling?

grezmel

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Windows Central Website Laggy /Slow scrolling.

im using a Surface 3 and find the Windows Central website very laggy when scrolling through pages using Chrome. any one else finding this, or is it just my device ?

William Stovall

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows Central Website Laggy /Slow scrolling.

im using a Surface 3 and find the Windows Central website very laggy when scrolling through pages using Chrome. any one else finding this, or is it just my device ?

It's the site. It's slow on my dell Inspiron 15 3500 laptop, and slow on my Lumia 640

rmeigs

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

It is not your Surface, but the Windows Central site. They have so many ads and other crap on here that it is a slow, painful experience -- even on my i7 HP laptop.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've moved this thread to the Site Discussion forum. It's the site, not your Surface 3. If you run Chrome or Firefox with uBlock Origin, rather than Edge, which doesn't have any adblock, you'll notice a difference.

El Ox

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

It's the site. It is horrifically slow as it's so full of ads. I've tried it in phones, tablets, laptops and desktops and it's awful. I have no idea how it passed the testing phases as it's impossible to use sometimes.

The owners will say it isn't the site but if you press f12 and run the timer you can see that the ads elements are you blame.

No wonder people run an ad-blocker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2pretty4tv