Windows Hello and Kinect V2?

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a Kinect V2, and from all the specs it should be the ultimate Windows Hello camera. Has anyone worked out a way to get it working? It's great with Hey Cortana given the microphone array.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I also have one connected to my desktop PC (Still on 8.1 but not for long), but from what I have read it won't do "Hello".

akaliel

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
So far looks like only intel RealSense camera will work with Windows Hello. And they're on some laptops. Devices with Intel? RealSense? Technology but you can also get a standalone camera here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/RealSense/F200Camera

From what I read this morning with the Win10 launch is that MS is expanding Windows Hello. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't get the Kinect 2 to work with this. It has depth sensing and all that. And might have moved a few units. In any case, hopefully they will figure it out. Cause it would be the device I'd get for this feature, plus give me a mic for Cortana too.

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The Kinect works well for Hey Cortana, using it now. Unfortunately the Intel Dev Kit is sold out, I honestly don't expect high stock levels anytime soon, and personally I'd rather not plug anything from "Creative" into my computer ever.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't really looked into "Hello" and I am probably sure I could do with better security on my home based devices so having the PC recognise me and log me in before I even think about what to do is probably better than leaving my PC logged in all the time (Just have my monitor go to sleep).

Sticking with my Kinect as my Skype web cam and Cortana input device and leaving "Hello" until later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)