Windows Phone 8.1 Notification Reliability

IRED7i

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new here and have been following Windows Phone central YouTube channel for a while now and have also been looking up Windows Phone and the upcoming 8.1 release.
So I know what it is all about and have a good amount of knowledge on it but no proper hands on experience since I currently own an iPhone but am really interested in the Windows Phone platform. I have briefly used a Nokia Lumia 520 and even on a cheap device like that, I really liked it and things will only improve, hardware and software.

But anyway, for me notifications are important and this is the only thing putting me of Windows Phone. Because in iOS, the notifications come and when they happen. Facebook, Twitter, Email, Instagram and so on.

So when I heard 8.1 was going to get a notification centre like iOS and Android, it got me interested to see how reliable this is and although all the reviewers out there mention how the notification/action centre works, they don't touch on how reliable it is and do they get pushed..on time and at all.

My question is, has anybody with a good hands on experience with a decent amount of apps get notifications? Instantly? late? Not at all and for what apps do they work/not work.

Thanks for any help guys

Adam

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I am getting notifications for 6snap (snapchat client), 6tag (instagram client), twitter, emails, messages, and facebook no problem. Using the Icon

IRED7i

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am getting notifications for 6snap (snapchat client), 6tag (instagram client), twitter, emails, messages, and facebook no problem. Using the Icon

Great, did you get these notifications before the 8.1 update via the live tiles ? Or are you finding these are now happening because of the action centre ?

lumia720NL

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I get notifications for: WhatsApp, facebook, 6snap, migram beta, messages, mails, calls.
Even the notifications for battery drain shows up in the action center

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
For those that are seeing 6snap, whatsapp and instagram notifications, do you mean they show up in the action center as well? If mine is not showing up what do I have to do? Reinstall those apps?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
They completely redid the notifications stack in WP 8.1 and it should be drastically more reliable even without the developer doing any extra work.

IRED7i

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Keep them coming

I do hope that with this update, we will see more developers jump on board and develop official apps and the ones that are official, to be more reliable and complete

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Do you need to have background tasks enabled for that app to get its notifications? i'm not finding that any come through when I do have them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers