Windows Phone 8.1

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
As others have said, WP8.1 dev preview is scheduled for April 10th per leaks, nothing official (though they said early april).. The emulator is out there but keep in mind the main purpose of the emulator is to TEST the apps you are making, and while WP8.1 is present on there, it isn't a fully functional version (as it isn't intended to be) and isn't a proper representation of the OS.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
That was for Windows 8.1 Update 1. No firm date was stated at Build for the dev preview for WP 8.1, but the assumed date for now is 4/10.

Wrong, there was a date for both Windows 8.1 update and WP 8.1 dev preview, unless they meant advanced SDK which isn't likely

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Wrong, there was a date for both Windows 8.1 update and WP 8.1 dev preview, unless they meant advanced SDK which isn't likely
No, no there wasn't. The wording for WP8.1 dev preview was early April no specific date given.

Why do people love to argue with me? *sighs*

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The SDK was available yesterday. The only "date" anyone from Microsoft gave for WP8.1 preview was "this month." No date was given.
Windows 8.1 Update 1 was available yesterday for MSDN subscribers, and I have installed it. It will be put out as an update on Patch Tuesday, the 8th.

Blakey.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
No, no there wasn't. The wording for WP8.1 dev preview was early April no specific date given.

Why do people love to argue with me? *sighs*

That is correct. They definitely didn't specify a date at the conference. There was a slide that had three different things, one of which was WP 8.1. The first two said "Today," but WP 8.1 had no specifics other than this month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss