Windows Phone 8 Apps: Notifications & poor quality apps (Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Skype)

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
U know guys i was reading the post, thing is the lack of games and notification would really make us hate the device but for some reason im liking it more and more! since i was playing with my friend Samsung Note 2, i felt the OS so boring! swiping left and right and felt it dead! Though i hope MS listen to us and get all the fix!

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
There is no doubt, the OS is good and has potential...

Issue is the pace at which it is evolving..

One year, three versions have been launched 7.5, 7.8 and 8.0...but the sad part is MS reiterates that it missed out on features like notification center because of lack of time...

Either they consider these features as unimportant or they are out of ideas to implement these features...

Because if they would have thought over these features and they had ran out of time...it was possible to release by now after release...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So swiping up and down makes you feel alive? Lol.
U know guys i was reading the post, thing is the lack of games and notification would really make us hate the device but for some reason im liking it more and more! since i was playing with my friend Samsung Note 2, i felt the OS so boring! swiping left and right and felt it dead! Though i hope MS listen to us and get all the fix!

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone managed to get a response? I contacted Nokia through Facebook who replied back to me and said they will contact them on my behalf and try to get some sort of answer regarding the Facebook app. +1 to Nokia -1 to Microsoft as usual.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Whatsapp, Skype app, Facebook app and Twitter apps - don't use Me Tile. Me Tile is a limited integration baked in as you would know. Anyone who wants to do more than just respond a tweet or comment on a status needs apps with poor notifications.
I can't speak for WP8, but WP7 was integrated with Facebook and Twitter. I would never need to go to the Facebook app and I never wanted to because Facebook apps, until recently, have sucked.As for as,notifications I don't remember. But I hate getting them anyway so it's a good thing if it doesn't work lol.

GraphicsBerry

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
OK I know where the problem is. Problem with facebook app notifications. So I have notification only when some person wants to add me to his friends, but not when someone liked my photo. Why? Cause: Untitled 1.jpg

And this part we can edit on facebook app on iOS or Android but no on WP8 app

Duron007

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I would like to note that FB on Android and iOS are made by Facebook. The ones that do exist on Android not made by FB, are pretty bad themselves and I see plenty of bad reviews for the FB app in general, even the one they made. Sorry getting side tracked, my point is that it is not Microsoft's fault that FB has not came out with an app for the Windows Phone.

So to make a long story short, this is the exact same thing we dealt with in regards to the first smart phones. When IPhone came out it has a pretty good app listing, but no where close to what we have today. When droid came out, everyone talked it down because their were not very many apps and compared it to the iPhone. Now look, Droid has over 700,000 apps! that is incredible and so will the Windows Phone. The adoption rate has been slow and many app designers have not seen a market yet, but I believe when droid users start to test these things out and relize how great they are, we will see many new apps coming to market.

Also Microsoft appears to have made it very easy to develop apps for the windows phone, even someone who has never done it before should be able to jump right in and create something pretty basic. Anyhow if you want your favorite apps on the Windows phone, hit up those company's and stop blaming Microsoft. If you compare Microsoft's solutions to its competitors, you will see Microsoft actually makes their applications much easier to access on other devices. Example: SkyDrive Microsoft's solution to cloud storage. This application is designed to work on Windows devices, Mac Devices and Droids. Microsoft does a lot to make sure their solutions work seamlessly with all other devices, we cannot say the same for others.

So if you have an issue with an app not being available on a specific device, contact the vendor and stop blaming Microsoft its getting old. OR how about everyone who likes to complain about not having specific apps, develop their own? You have access to the ADK..

Sorry about the rant, but someone had to say it.

-RD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124