Windows Phone 8 & The Start Screen [My Take]

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
it does massively. i fear this is a first step of destroing the beauty of metro. everything needs whitespace: photographies, your living room ;), etc. whitespace is no waste of space, it is a key part of design. the beauty of metro letzs me change from androis to wp. now i am very sad. because the wp screen is more cluttered as the android or ios screen. now one at apple would have the idea to bring littel icons between the large ones just to no waste space.

the only point is that on windows phone it was decentered.

i like the small icons as well but they dont need to remove the gutter for that.

here my solution:

Directupload.net - 5dvg94ag.jpg

here you can vote fpr nice design:

Add setting to enable the "gutter" and app arrow in WP 7.8/8

No thanks.

The 1/4 sized small tiles need as many pixels as they can get, especially on a 800x480 screen. With the smaller sized tile option, it just makes NO sense to waste all of that screen real estate for a "gutter" that sits there and does nothing.

I understand what you're saying about the visual appeal of having that negative space there, but I think it will only take a short while for everyone to get used to it not being there. The only reason WP 7.8/8 looks odd without it is because everyone is used to it being there, it has nothing to do with it being a "necessity" for good design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny