Windows Phone + In-App purchase issues

rudyhuyn

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!

Just to inform you (cause I received hundreds of emails about a this problem)

If you've bought an in-app purchase in the past to unlock a feature on your app (remove ads, upload videos, etc...) and have today a problem with it (ads come back, no able to access new levels, upload video, etc...), it's not a problem from apps but from store.

Technically, your windows phone have an internal list of all in-apps purchases you've bought, when an app is launched, the app retrieves this list and activate or not some features (display ads, give you access to some levels, etc...).

So what is the problem?

Since this morning, phones are not able to download this list from the store, so apps can't know if you have bought or not some in-app purchases. It's a problem from the store and not from your apps, Microsoft is aware of this problem and work on it to fix it asap.

So please, don't spam developers, they are powerless ;)

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Can't download apps from my list either. Store still broken apparently

Still an issue here and getting really annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moaske

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, wasn't really spamming.... just eager to find out what's happening :)
I was aware of the Store issue, but wondering how to work around it / or wether it had been fixed yet :)

I found out myself today that apparently the list is available again from the Store, so if you repurchase now it'll tell you that you've already bought it and can redownload the IAP item :)

AFAIK the issues with the apps do not resolve themselves, you have to take own action to repurchase (without need to pay again as it will tell you you already had) :grin:

romancos

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Rudy. Will MS fix this within undergoing millennia or not... This is becoming rather expensive, because some apps arent exactly the cheapest ones...

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I found out myself today that apparently the list is available again from the Store, so if you repurchase now it'll tell you that you've already bought it and can redownload the IAP item :)

AFAIK the issues with the apps do not resolve themselves, you have to take own action to repurchase (without need to pay again as it will tell you you already had) :grin:
Thanks for the tip, my apps are now ad-free again 😊

anon(5338685)

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am hearing the same thing! Would be good if Microsoft can inform people about such outrages so that our apps don't suffer with negative reviews.

People are proactive on in leaving negative reviews but never bother updating them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs