Windows Phone is complicated...

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i tried on both wifi and data still its not working
You stated earlier, but its sure your wifi/data is not fetching map data for you & hence it shows a green dot only (your location). go to settings > Maps > download and download map for you region and then see, it will work. if I look for a location without map data on my phone, it shows just a dot as my location on white screen.

Last edited:

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I bought one for my mom. Before giving it to her I dumbed it down. Removed everything on the start screen. Replaced it with 5 tiles of the family members faces she keeps in contact with. uninstalled all the other crap. no learning curve. one big *** tile for her music (which I organized into play lists because it's mom) and one for email. She is rocking and rolling with a simplistic start screen (hot pink with live tiles turned OFF they look intimidating at first to non-tech savvy folks). Prob solved. There is nothing else as simplistic or approachable as windows phone once it has been customized. There is nothing with that much user customization available either for that matter. OH! and MOM LOVES CORTANA, Mom goes "Cortana, remind me tomorrow to drop off holiday cards next time I see Drae" Cortana responds, the reminder is set. she gets an alarm. never had to navigate through calendar menus.

It could be complicated depending on how tech savvy you are and where you are coming from. I sometimes find myself being remedial/ignorant using other mobile OS after extended stays away.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought one for my mom. Before giving it to her I dumbed it down. Removed everything on the start screen. Replaced it with 5 tiles of the family members faces she keeps in contact with. uninstalled all the other crap. no learning curve. one big *** tile for her music (which I organized into play lists because it's mom) and one for email. She is rocking and rolling with a simplistic start screen (hot pink with live tiles turned OFF they look intimidating at first to non-tech savvy folks). Prob solved. There is nothing else as simplistic or approachable as windows phone once it has been customized. There is nothing with that much user customization available either for that matter. OH! and MOM LOVES CORTANA, Mom goes "Cortana, remind me tomorrow to drop off holiday cards next time I see Drae" Cortana responds, the reminder is set. she gets an alarm. never had to navigate through calendar menus.

What he said ^^^

That's one of the great things about this OS, total personalization of the start screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss