Windows Phone music not showing up in other devices

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I am trying to figure out an odd issue or maybe get some clarification. I have a Nokia Lumia 1020, Surface, and a Windows 8.1 laptop. When I download music on my surface or the laptop it shows up on all three devices. If I download music on my 1020 it only shows up on the 1020 while music.xbox.com, the surface, and the laptop all do not see the music downloaded on the 1020. If I make any actions on ANY of the devices (or website) the 1020 does see them (I have Xbox Music cloud collection enabled). Please tell me this isn't the way this is supposed to work.

Does anyone have any feedback on this or experience with this?

EDIT: By "shows up" I simply mean shows up in the collection and not necessarily downloaded. I don't care if it has downloaded or not. I just want the artists, albums, and songs to be consistent across devices. Also, I have an Xbox Music Pass.

leavesley

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Should show up in the cloud on other devices if purchased online. I believe the only way that u will begin to see everything on all 3 devices is to have a Xbox music paid subscription. At least that's what it says on Xbox.com. Right now only Rt and normal windows devices show all your cloud music. Wp8 works differently. Alot of post in the subject on Ms forums

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
She does have a paid subscription. Sync from all of the other devices works just fine. This is all music she downloaded via her Xbox Music Pass. Not a single song was obtained any other way on any device.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same experience. I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is how it's supposed to work. But, this is how it does work.

I have learned to add music on my laptop so it shows up everywhere. I hope a future update will make this unnecessary.

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have a similar issue, when I add to my collection from my iPod Xbox music app it shows up on my 928, but when I download songs from my 928 they don't show up on my ipod

aeschylus

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
This is just a problem with wp8 software as is. Don't expect this to be fixed until the 8.1 update for wp8 (usually referred to as blue). Anything downloaded on the phone (without being purchased) will not show up on any other devices.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure it is stated that only music downloaded on your PC or tablet gets added to the cloud collection. I will agree however it is fustrating. Even with its continued limitations XBox Music has vastly improved from when it was released.

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its really bizarre though that adding music to your collection with Xbox Music works on the iOS app but not on the Windows Phone. But your right though, I will try an start adding my music thru the computer. What really sux bout that though is most of the time u hear music u wanna add your on the go. I guess Shazam is a good fix to remember later

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
In short, if you want music to show up on all devices, never add it via your phone.

Pretty sure it is stated that only music downloaded on your PC or tablet gets added to the cloud collection. I will agree however it is fustrating. Even with its continued limitations XBox Music has vastly improved from when it was released.

No. Don't accept that.
Especially when Zune/WP7/Windows 7 had ZERO issues syncing across devices. They didn't even need a cloud. Just a wireless connection. Did it in my sleep. All the time.
That's how Xbox music should be and that's how MS is selling on their Xbox music service.
"Unlimited music across all your devices" and "all-in-one music service" should be EXACTLY what it sounds like it should be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05