Windows Phone Ringer Concept

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So, a while ago I posted this mock up of a redesign for the drop down volume controls on Windows Phone. I've now followed it with this: A redesign of how the ringer volume works in Windows Phone.
So the biggest gripe I have with WP's ringer is that there's no way to turn off/on vibrate without going into settings. In my opinion, I feel all ringer options should be easily accessible. So, in this version, tapping on the current ringer setting will cycle through all four options instead of just 2.

Cycle.png

Secondly, long pressing on the ringer would bring up a drop down menu where you could quickly get to exactly which setting you wanted.

Longpress.png

Comments and criticisms are appreciated!

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Commented over at The Verge, but I think the long tap is necessary. Make it the default action to display the list, it's less confusing than cycling through four options.

I'd be interested in how you'd approach having multiple volume settings - ringer and system, for example.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Nice idea! Now lets get the concept submitted to MS so we could vote on it and maybe have it on the OS in upcoming updates...
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar