windows ... phone ?

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
was there a rename I missed?

is "phone" going away from ms phone marketing ?

I hadn't noticed until wpc changed its name. .. kind of reminds me of the singer formerly known as Prince.
someone point me to a news article ok? thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well lets be practical, people won't stop calling it Windows Phone :p

So next time instead of Windows Phone 10 it would be known Windows 10 phone

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I've also heard Bill Gates say Windows 7 Phone in a couple of interviews. I guess dropping the Phone from advertisements and marketing is what Microsoft might do, or may be in TV adverts they'll just announce "Lumia XXX powered by Windows" followed by a Microsoft logo

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
well shucks. they've eliminated the most descriptive and easily understood part of the packaging.

on the box. ... iPhone pretty much says what it is and is recognized. Microsoft lumia 875 could be a keyboard, mouse, out maybe a light saber. "droid" is actually misleading but everyone has seen those ads enough to know better.

ah well, I learned something. good luck with the reuNification thing microsoft. :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well shucks. they've eliminated the most descriptive and easily understood part of the packaging.

on the box. ... iPhone pretty much says what it is and is recognized. Microsoft lumia 875 could be a keyboard, mouse, out maybe a light saber. "droid" is actually misleading but everyone has seen those ads enough to know better.

ah well, I learned something. good luck with the reuNification thing microsoft. :)
I can see your point, but it also might not matter.

The Nexus devices are just called by their numbers. They don't say Nexus 6 Phone or Nexus 9 Tablet.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I can see your point, but it also might not matter.

The Nexus devices are just called by their numbers. They don't say Nexus 6 Phone or Nexus 9 Tablet.

yuppers. nexus line is a small percentage of sellers, but a good comparison of bad naming just the same.

I kind of thought the unification roadmap was going to be a 2014 game changer, but recent lack of a christmas 2014 hardware buzz, or even spring 2015 then and unsure of a renaming scheme... I dunno...

im just kind of wondering whats going on now.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Why would they tag it "one windows for all devices" then have one called "windows phone 10"? Cripes you guys... Gotta sleep this one off, what a thread topic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo