ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
popcorn_2.gif

capcom303

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry is not dead yet, It's users jumped up 75% last month by one report I read. Allot will depend on if they sell and who buys them. I could see Microsoft being interested because of the business side of the cell phone market that blackberry has

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone isn't fair to compare to Blackberry, in my opinion. The latter completely ignored the innovation in the smartphone market for years. They had a great following, banked on it too hard, and lost big as a result. They then let Windows Phone come out and surpass them, then release copycat hardware (the Z10 basically had the same internals and display resolution), and they offered a fairly-complicated OS on top of it.

Also, look at what Nokia did with its hardware--they hit several price points with numerous devices. Blackberry released 2 devices, both underwhelming. While the Z10 was very similar to the 920, Nokia took the 920, which had better optics than the Z10, and gave it an aluminum refresh for T-Mobile, plus another (polycarbonate) refresh for Verizon. Of course, they then hit the low-end market with the 520, the big-screen market with the 625 (plus the upcoming 1520), and they tossed out the photographer's dream (of sorts) with the 1020.

Nokia's hardware is available in many shapes, sizes, and for many needs. Blackberry stayed very rigid with their stuff, and they simply don't have the clout (read: cult juice) to do that like Apple does.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If you guys don't know, Blackberry had a very good market share over here in India.
BBM was a crazy and must have thing.

Until the launch of Z10, they hired a good actor to promote it, then slashed the prices like crazy.

The scenario is people having Bold, Curve models are finding no takers. When you visit a shop to swap your old BB with a new Model, you'll get peanuts for the BB. But if you wish to buy a New BB, it still costs a bomb.

New BB Bold 3 - $150-175.
If you wish to sell your BB Bold 3 (to an end customer) - Max (in worst cases) you get is $50-60, shops give a bit less.

Someone said BB is a Baby, man that baby is on the brinks of taking a jump from the edge of a cliff.

BB Z10 was supposed to rescue BB from the crisis, instead it added fuel to the fire, the OS 'hangs' a lot and stuff like that. Yet they are making same mistakes by launching more models at sky high prices.

WP is using a different strategy, launched different models at different prices :).

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Window phone meeting the same fate as blackberry...meh. windows mobile died and Windows phone came back, but there is one thing we must all realize...nothing is permanent...Apple ios ,Android and even the yet to be announced tizen os from Samsung will one day become irrelevant and outdated, then will be replaced by what ever else is out....its a reality that cannot be changed...you cannot change the inevitable...you cannot even influence it.

Yes even some day physical computers, cars, medication, concepts, theorys will become obsolete....only time will answer the timless question....only time can answer the un-answerable

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^I am in the process of acquiring the DMC Car used in the movie "Back to the future", I'll post my responses when am back from the trip :).
Oh wait am back and here's what I saw.

I visited the year 2025,
Nokia - Leads the entire mobile market with WP13 (Was launched on Friday the 13th). Has launched Nokia Surmia 2050 with a 1 Gigapixel Camera, I was in the mobile conference, device looks sweet. Is not suing everyone that comes in the way. Demerged from Microsoft.

Apple - Has no takers, they're on Ios 75 and Iphone 26a/e/i/o/u (Made with recycled crocs, used perfume bottles, upcycled credit cards and god knows what, they priced it at $599.99 for base model and it has a facial scanner inside it and they've said all details will be shared with NSA, it looks and feels same like the Iphone 5, same length etc.,). Owes atleast $200 Billion in lawyer fees after winning lawsuits collectively worth $1 million.

Samsung - Is on talks to merge with Nokia due to all their Galaxies getting lost in the space, They're on Galaxy S XXV (25) with Android Version 12.6.9, it lagged when the mobile conference was on so the visitors left the conference, They new OS YADA could not perform as expected and they over invested in it making them a soft target for any buyer.

HTC - Is still not sure what it is doing, They have 2 best models to Offer, HTC 20x and HTC 20, they keep promising updates which were due in 2020 will be coming shortly. They promise to make things right once they figure out where to start.

Sony - Quit the mobile market and started selling shoes to the rich with inbuilt speakers and wifi. They're kinda okay.

Huawei - 2nd largest guy after Nokia

Blackberry - Is uh, offering investment consultancy services to people for cheap. They have a museum where all BB Models are kept.

Stalemate1 became and ambassador and is reading this post in 2025 laughing at what I posted in 2013.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
^I am in the process of acquiring the DMC Car used in the movie "Back to the future", I'll post my responses when am back from the trip :).
Oh wait am back and here's what I saw.

I visited the year 2025,
Nokia - Leads the entire mobile market with WP13 (Was launched on Friday the 13th). Has launched Nokia Surmia 2050 with a 1 Gigapixel Camera, I was in the mobile conference, device looks sweet. Is not suing everyone that comes in the way. Demerged from Microsoft.

Apple - Has no takers, they're on Ios 75 and Iphone 26a/e/i/o/u (Made with recycled crocs, used perfume bottles, upcycled credit cards and god knows what, they priced it at $599.99 for base model and it has a facial scanner inside it and they've said all details will be shared with NSA, it looks and feels same like the Iphone 5, same length etc.,). Owes atleast $200 Billion in lawyer fees after winning lawsuits collectively worth $1 million.

Samsung - Is on talks to merge with Nokia due to all their Galaxies getting lost in the space, They're on Galaxy S XXV (25) with Android Version 12.6.9, it lagged when the mobile conference was on so the visitors left the conference, They new OS YADA could not perform as expected and they over invested in it making them a soft target for any buyer.

HTC - Is still not sure what it is doing, They have 2 best models to Offer, HTC 20x and HTC 20, they keep promising updates which were due in 2020 will be coming shortly. They promise to make things right once they figure out where to start.

Sony - Quit the mobile market and started selling shoes to the rich with inbuilt speakers and wifi. They're kinda okay.

Huawei - 2nd largest guy after Nokia

Blackberry - Is uh, offering investment consultancy services to people for cheap. They have a museum where all BB Models are kept.

Stalemate1 became and ambassador and is reading this post in 2025 laughing at what I posted in 2013.

So you went to the future and you didn't see Samsungs yet to be announced tizen ?....dude....you had a time machine and the best thing you could do with it was this ?....you could have stopped the first and second world war...you could have brought technology to a new benchmark buy traveling to the year
74 320AC and taken all the technological breakthroughs and traveled to
60 000BC, show them the technology and imagine the technology we would have now after 60000 years of development on technology that was invented 72 000 years from now ?...you could become the wealthiest person in the world....though please send me the pictures of the HTC 20 and 20X...I must see.

..ill give you $10 for your time machine ?

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
The difference is that Windows Phone and Windows OSs can be (and I believe will be) integrated so that people who have Windows on their home and work computers will have smartphones that, at least to the consumer, run on the same OS. I think as phone capabilities increase, they will run the same OS as the desktops and laptops. Windows dominates the OS world for laptops/desktops. They will leverage that into phones.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I actually think WP8 OS is better than the Widows 8. I have a Win8 tablet, Win8 Laptop, and WP8 phone and that tablet pisses me off every time I use it. I would hope they don't merge WP8 and Win8.

Oh they will. And they will use the best of both.

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
See blackberry failed cause it failed to adapt to the consumers new needs. Here blackberries are loved for their messaging and social networking capabilities and the excellent 3g plan that is there for only blackberries but the new platform is failing cause of impractical designs (lemme explain this in the new q5 and q10 models since blackberry 10 is a gesture based os in the end you would be using the touchscreen more than the keyboard bbm or not so why waste extra screen estate) apple is failing cause of the same problem and apple is stubborn and its market share is slowly going down. Android is inefficient i mean most of the phones sold are budget models and they are horrible worse screens,lagging software even quad core phones are lagging (unforgivable) and samsung is gonna move to tizen within the next few years then what happens to andriod. WP8 is in a safe position as its phones are great they don't lag or have horrible screens and etc and the consumer response is great so it is gonna be pretty safe

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think Microsoft is rather progressing than failing it was (at a time) behind BB now its above It in barely every region some even predict that MS will actually buy the what's left of blackberry, also I believe the merge that happened between Microsoft and Nokia is the main thing that will send MS blowing past Apple (as apple isn't actually progressing anymore just like stuck) and I hope for the best to this platform as I tried it all IOS, Android and now fortunately Windows Phone just love it to death right now

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Everything now depends on WP8.1 . We have seen great hardware on WPs , from a 41MP sensor to awesome polycarbonate to maybe a giant *** phablet with abundant battery having a Quad Core and what not.
But on the software end , MS has loads of work with some unfinished features and some requested ones. If WP8.1 turns out to be different yet useful , it will only boost the low end WP sales over crappy android and not so cheap iPhone 5c , making its market share increase tremendously. Probably a phablet in WP ecosystem might hurt Samsung sales as well!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So you went to the future and you didn't see Samsungs yet to be announced tizen ?....dude....you had a time machine and the best thing you could do with it was this ?....you could have stopped the first and second world war...you could have brought technology to a new benchmark buy traveling to the year
74 320AC and taken all the technological breakthroughs and traveled to
60 000BC, show them the technology and imagine the technology we would have now after 60000 years of development on technology that was invented 72 000 years from now ?...you could become the wealthiest person in the world....though please send me the pictures of the HTC 20 and 20X...I must see.

..ill give you $10 for your time machine ?

Even the world's richest person doesn't get to buy an extra second on his deathbed with all his wealth, that's a fact, lets keep the future a secret and see what giants have to offer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria