Wireless Sync?

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Is this still a feature of the Lumia/WP8? I can't seem to find the option in the WP app, like you could using Zune...

Microsoft removed wireless sync with WP8. Although Zune still has it, the new application that manage WP8 phones won't have it unless we demand Microsoft to implement it back.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's weird. Give us wireless charging, and take away wireless sync. WTF with that?

Well ask Microsoft :). Maybe because less people using it. Consider wireless charging is from hardware perspective and it depends on OEM, the wireless sync is more about software.

thinkmac

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I never find wireless sync particularly useful, even with iPhone. It never worked well on its own. Occasionally, I see iPhone sync with latest app etc, but most of the time (I mean like 98 to 99% of the time), I can sync faster with USB anyway. And this is on a 802.11n network... beats me

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
MS is all about the cloud now so they deem syncing with a PC less important. That's why they now allow us to upload pictures in full res over Wi-Fi, everything else is via cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb