With 8.1 support dropping soon, is it worth it to still use?

n m

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 was/is a beautiful OS, and 8.1 is by far the best touch UI by a mile.
8.1 spanks all things 10, it should still be used today.

Lepoete

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I am not planning on ever upgrading my 830 to Windows 10(come to think of it I don't even know if I can). I like 8.1 and don't want to spend the time learning a new OS unless forced into it.

My Lumia 830 (Carrier is Bell Canada but Bell didn't lock it) got the W10M upgrade and it ain't bad. A little slower than it was on 8.1 but still acceptable.

Now I've got a Lumia 950xl and gave the 830 to my dad and he's happy with it (he was stock on an old Android 2.3 LG before that).

mikimedic

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I figured that I'll ask, because I'm curious to know.

My dad only uses WhatsApp, HERE Maps, and MSN News so for him, I think it's worth it to stay on it. 8.1 is stable, and even though Windows 10 Mobile is becoming less glitchy, I would rather not have him deal with such an experience.

What do you think? Is 8.1 still worth using if one doesn't use many apps? Are you one of these people and/or do you have a friend/spouse/associate who is one of these people?

Edit: https://www.windowscentral.com/mainstream-support-windows-phone-81-ends-tomorrow

I lost skype on it - says 'desktop version is not supported'... what the hell...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo