Would the Microsoft Store match the $99 AT&T pre-order sale?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has tried to see if the MS stores would match the $99 AT&T deal on an existing pre-order?

The case and $50 app store credit are nice but $100 cash is better.

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
No, they're separate commercial entities. Microsoft has the no-contract version priced at $549, while ATT is $589. When I asked ATT about the difference, they simply said, "Well it sounds like Microsoft just has the better deal there."

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I can see AT&T not caring (their customer service is a heavy handed take it or leave it). I was just wondering if anyone tried to see if MS would price match. Perhaps not as AT&T may be cutting into their subsidy.

I'll ask anyway. If not I'll have to probably go with AT&T on the pre-order.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think AT&T will price match because either way, they're still getting your business on whatever plan you have. Doesn't hurt to ask I guess. Worst thing that could happen is that they say no.

Matt Barnes

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone tried Brick and Mortar AT&T stores to match their $99 on-line price? I have tried 3 different stores and all of them said they could not.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Online Microsoft Store told me they could not price match. I live to far away from a brick and mortar store to try in person.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Just called my local store. After being on hold for 5-10 minutes, I was told that they would not be price matching. I'm actually glad I don't have to figure out how to go through the mess of cancelling my AT&T preorder and getting my account stuff right with microsoft. I don't know if I could spend 70 bucks on apps anyway.

That being said, the long wait time suggests that there is no legit policy nationwide, so perhaps everyone should just call their store.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I checked back at the Microsoft store. They said they could not match the AT&T offer. I'll take their word on that but the place seemed to be a bit of a mess. One employee was busy playing the Xbox one and they other employee seemed confused about the phone in general. So I cancelled that order and did the online AT&T deal.

I did enjoy messing around with the Surface 2 while there. Windows 8.1 really shines on that hardware.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My local At&t store told me that they don't price match online stores even though it's their own store. The only reason I am with At&t is because of windows phone and my corporate discount, which is fortunate for them because I really hate the way they do things.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I think microsoft is using a 2nd or tertiary party for tech support because the person I spoke with didn't have a freaking clue. My order is saying backordered and I ordered it on the 8th. If I don't get my stuff by the 22nd then I am officially through with M$! I will sell my xbox one (when I get it Friday), 360(3), get the galaxy note, and load a linux distro on all 8 of my PCs running windows 8 and whs 2011. Drastic? Yep but I hate getting screwed when I spend my hard earned money on something. Apple and Sammy always deliver their crap on time, why can't Microsoft do the same?

meir602

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
To follow up:
I bought my 1520 on Friday at MS store and they price matched the at$t web price.
They could not have been more helpful. They went thru hoops to get it done.
In the end I walked out with a great price, the free bonuses, and no contract extension.
I have only had great experiences at my MS store.

Khalid Brown1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
The Microsoft store near my house did price match and give me the preorder deal even though I did not preorder with them. After trading in my iPhone. I got phone, case, $50 credit and a 520 for $16. I have no idea why my att store would not match their own company's website price

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99