would you recommend buying a 920 after owning one yourself?

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Absolutely! I purchased my Lumia 920 back in November and have been happy ever since. I'm a former iPhone 4 user who wanted a change from iOS after having been using iPhones since the 3G. After the nearly 2 months of owning this phone I think I will be using Windows Phones and hopefully Lumias for years to come.

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
No.

I've owned WP for past 2 years and have recommended WP to others multiple time with a warning of lack of app selection so they can decide.
But in case of Lumia 920, until Nokia can resolve/figure out overheating, brightness and battery problems, I'm not going to recommend it to anyone. In fact, I've diverted 2 friends who had interest on my phone to Galaxy S3s. 920 hardware issues are a let down to be honest.

Noskal

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I honestly won't recommend L920 to you nor to my friends. This phone has its set of issues.

But i'll gladly lure them to try L820, it has micro-sd slot, changeable case cover, nicely built form factor, the weight and size felt just right on hands. The only downsides are lower screen resolution, smaller battery, and lack of OIS. That's it. So far my GF's L820 has zero issue while i'm struggling with L920's random battery drain.

If you own L800 before, then you should've considered L820 as your next upgrade :)

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Depends:

(1) Do you own a Lumia 920? The op needs honest feedback from users of the phone. Not some comments copied and pasted from another forum. It sounds like you don't like the 920 or have never used it, which is ok. Not everyone will like WP. Don't comment if you can't offer first-hand experience.
Come on now, no need to further "feed" the obvious trolls ;-)

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
YES! Love the color varieties (I have the cyan), design, and camera quality (a big plus on the ability to capture photos in dim lighting such as in restaurants). I love the Nokia apps, particularly Nokia Drive+ Beta, City Lens, Cinemagraph, and Panorama. Love wireless charging. It's a small thing but not having to figit with a micro USB cable all the time is refreshing. Having come from an HTC Arrive (a very heavy WP7 device due to the keyboard), I really love the look and modern feel of the 920. My complaints are that Xbox videos purchased from my Windows 8 PC cannot be played on WP8 and lack of wireless sync (for music playlists) that was present in WP7 (I would think this is an app issue and not a hardware issue). Battery life can be hit or miss but if you spend a few minutes adjusting your settings, you should get it to last from morning till night. But overall, I think 920 is great and a highly advanced, if not the most advanced, phone out there.

Fahad Aziz Khan

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I will not recommend this phone due to :
1) Platform is short of apps
2) problems exclusive to Lumia920 (FFS dust, suddent restart, low sound quality compare to iPhone or S3)

fieldsy1024

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I never had a phone that was perfect.
I hate that it doesn't have call blocking...what a joke.
I hate how it doesn't have orientation lock.
It lacks apps that in which I truly miss 1 when I had Android.

With that being said....this phone for 100 bucks is a true steal. I never had a phone run so smoothly and the whole "don't need to kill my apps to save battery" thing is great.

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Soon 24 hours Nokia Lumia 920 ovner
I say yes
Sent from my RM-821_eu_sweden_235 using Board Express

Last edited:

Randolph Medrano

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sv: would you recommend buying a 920 after owning one yourself?

Hey! I have a creaking top, should I get an exchange? The phone works well. Advanced thanks!

I would definitely recommend the 920, make sure you get one without the loose/creaking top.

Re the DC-20, it will not be able to keep up with the Nokia Drive induced drain as it has 2 x 1A ports.

You will need a fast charger to accomplish what you require.

I use this: Fast car charger with cables and clips - Accessories - TomTom

I have also read in another thread that the type of cable used matters (charge only or data/charge?) but don't quote me on that.

TonePhone

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
No I would not, if it didn't have these "issues" it would be an amazing phone even with the app shortage (although instagram is a big miss)

mine creaks at the top
screen scratches on everything
randomly freezes
locks up during hard reset
(it hasn't frozen since it locked up so i'm hoping it wont anymore)

I want to warranty it but my batter life is great and I just don't know if I can just go without a phone for a week or more waiting for AT&T's offsite warranty (won't replace handset in store).

so all of those things make my vote a resounding NO

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely would, and have, recommend the Lumia 920 and Windows Phone 8 in general. I do also point out certain issues and concerns, the lack of apps being first and foremost among them. So if apps are very important to you it's probably a good bet to wait another year and see how things turn out. Otherwise, you're looking at one of the best and most innovative mobile OS's currently on the market.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'd absolutely recommend it but I'd make sure to tell whoever I was recommending the phone to about the issues to look out for.while doing so.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
yesjacknicholson.gif

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I recommend it all the time and even show it off when people ask questions about it.

I guess I should add that this is the first phone I've owned where people asked me what it was and if it was on x carrier.

MostInterestingMan.jpg

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I would recommend the Nokia Lumia 920. I like the high resolution screen and the camera which takes amazing photos in low light conditions.

I also think that the email client is very good but that is common the platform.

There are some limitations, such as battery life which is covered elsewhere.

There are lots of free apps and games in the WP8 Store. Nokia Drive + is very good but that is available on other phones so not a USP per say.

I think that any WP8 with a 1280x768 px screen will be a good purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria