Wouldn't it be cool if...

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just scroll down a little bit on the home screen and they'll start anywhere you want.
I really don't see a point in moving them up.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Sigh,
If you are on the home screen, place your finger on the screen and drag it a bit up and you'll achieve it.

Oh I know what you said. Maybe you aren't understanding?. That's the whole point, I don't want to move it, it should be by default where it is in the first picture, not the second (which is default). How do u think I made the pictures? PhotoShop? Lol

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Definitely. Maybe I'm oc but at times when i put down the phone i make it a point to have them aligned just like in the first pic

sent from within the depths of my brain

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The point of that space is:
1. Push Notifications won't block tiles.
2. Considering the fact that there is little empty space with the current tile layout, it's there to give the design some space.
3. ...

But, being OC is enough to make me want an option for both.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Also - I don't know what phones you guys are rocking but on my 8X I can get 7 rows of tiles in perfectly as your top image and still have the gap at the top as in the second image.

wp_ss_20130914_0001.png

Cant see how you managed to get full tiles in with them scrolled to the top. Maybe its just down to the 8X aspect ratio. but if I do that ive got like an 8th row showing 1/4 a tile

wp_ss_20130914_0002.png

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
So what would happen to the notifications when they come in? Wouldn't they then block the top row of tiles?
Well yes . But who cares? Are staring at your home screen waiting for notifications? The reality is the notifications block whatever is at the top no matter what app or menu you are in. All you have to do is swipe the notification to the right to get it off screen.

To me the problem is both the cut off tiles on non 720p phones and the space at the top.

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Also - I don't know what phones you guys are rocking but on my 8X I can get 7 rows of tiles in perfectly as your top image and still have the gap at the top as in the second image.

*image*

Cant see how you managed to get full tiles in with them scrolled to the top. Maybe its just down to the 8X aspect ratio. but if I do that ive got like an 8th row showing 1/4 a tile

*image 2*
I think that's because the 8X screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio while Lumias and other WPs have 15:9 aspect ratio screen

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The gap is good. I think this area gets filled in when you are on the phone and switch to the home screen. Keep the ideas coming.

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I did wonder about that a bit when I first got my L928. From a purely aesthetic standpoint it is sometimes good to have some negative space (i.e. blank space). Even though the WP8 interface is very sleek and clean when I align my tiles the way you did in the first picture the screen looks busier, although it's really not. I'm perfectly fine with it as it is.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely not. If the tiles were all the way to the top, notifications would block content, like others have said.

Personally, it looks like the screen is being choked. That space lets the design breathe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99