WP8: Contacts & Maps

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I save GPS coordinates in my contact. From contact, I can select those coordinates and it will automatically launch Maps. But I am having problem with Maps and was wondering whether we could change the default Maps to Nokia Maps.

If that is not possible and am stuck with Maps, then I will describe my problem with Maps.
Occasionally, for unknown reason, if my phone has either WiFi or Data on, searching location using coordinates will not work. Only option is to turn off WiFi/Data and it will work fine.

Thanks

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately you can't change the default, and I don't think there is any workaround for your problem :cry:

edwardob

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I save GPS coordinates in my contact. From contact, I can select those coordinates and it will automatically launch Maps. But I am having problem with Maps and was wondering whether we could change the default Maps to Nokia Maps.

If that is not possible and am stuck with Maps, then I will describe my problem with Maps.
Occasionally, for unknown reason, if my phone has either WiFi or Data on, searching location using coordinates will not work. Only option is to turn off WiFi/Data and it will work fine.

Thanks
as a matter of interest how do you save gps coordinates in your contact?

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Thanks

I solved my problem. Switching phone language from English (USA) to English seems to solve the problem. May be my phone doesn't like American? LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toysforkids