WP8 not observing daylight saving

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Which is why I have a smartphone that has a world time app. Maybe you should get your sister a new phone ;)She (and everyone else) wouldn't have an issue if everyone would just drop DST, then the time shift would stay consistent.
I agree that she needs a good smartphone and that would REALLY help out, but oh well. Her needing a smartphone to know the time outside of the state shows how disruptive it can be, being in the small minority that don't observe the standard DST that nearly everyone else observes.

BTW, since 48 states observe DST, it'd probably be a lot easier for the holdouts to change over to it than disrupt how the other 48 states do it twice a year. Much less of an impact.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually there is growing documentation that shows that there isn't much gained observing DST. There isn't any energy savings, just shifted energy usage. There are health issues by observing DST.

That and if you read the queries of the population, the majority say they would like to be rid DST.

It's just an old antiquated idea that needs to be kick to the curb, IMHO.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually there is growing documentation that shows that there isn't much gained observing DST. There isn't any energy savings, just shifted energy usage. There are health issues by observing DST.

That and if you read the queries of the population, the majority say they would like to be rid DST.

It's just an old antiquated idea that needs to be kick to the curb, IMHO.

Yes! I hate DST. Half of my devices account for it, and of the other half, I always manually reset about 60% right away, and then forget about it and end up getting screwed when I'm using something that I haven't used in months that has the wrong time. Death to DST!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I hate DST. Half of my devices account for it, and of the other half, I always manually reset about 60% right away, and then forget about it and end up getting screwed when I'm using something that I haven't used in months that has the wrong time. Death to DST!
Luckily the only things that need manual resetting for me are my watches and the clock in my car.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Luckily the only things that need manual resetting for me are my watches and the clock in my car.

My microwave and stove both have clocks that have to be set. I also have a dedicated alarm clock that needs changing, a couple of wall clocks and a few older electronic devices that don't seem to know about DST. My wife has a Swatch collection that's a PITA to change twice a year.

Oh right, none of my cameras change either

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My microwave and stove both have clocks that have to be set. I also have a dedicated alarm clock that needs changing, a couple of wall clocks and a few older electronic devices that don't seem to know about DST. My wife has a Swatch collection that's a PITA to change twice a year.

Oh right, none of my cameras change either
I stopped bothering to even set the microwave clock. Every time the power goes out, so does the clock. I don't need to see the time on the microwave, as long as the length of time to cook the food works.

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I stopped bothering to even set the microwave clock. Every time the power goes out, so does the clock. I don't need to see the time on the microwave, as long as the length of time to cook the food works.

Lol excellent thinking Laura, I still set it but I blame that on being slightly OCD. :)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My 920 adjusted to daylight savings properly. Not a WP8 problem I would think. Maybe just your phone or at worse, a problem with the algorithm used in your time zone. My guess is it is likely do to a conflict with something you previously installed on your phone causing it. I'm finding that a few apps don't play with with others.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just think if you were in one of thoes timezones that is 30 minutes different... (I.E. it's 12:30 in their weird timezone when it's noon in another) Then add DST to that! :)

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I love DST. Maybe not the actual change...but the hours of daylight available after work. I can't stand getting off work and it's dark by 5:30PM like it is in the winter here in FL. I say change to DST and LEAVE it. Don't change back. It's better to have the daylight later to keep doing things than to have it in the morning before you get up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcbrownz