Xbox explains to FTC judge why Halo isn't on PlayStation

Jun 24, 2023
Visit site
Looking at all the posts I see now that the FTC is genius. They're being about as intelligent and sophisticated in their court case as the average Twitter discussion that breaks out over the same topics to promote the popcorn industry and keep the market lucrative. Some truly fourth-dimensional chest plays.

RoguePine

Jun 7, 2023
Visit site
why MS should explain about Halo's exclusivity? of course it's a business logic like any other company
does Sony also have to explain about it's hundreds of exclusives? of course not
why? because he's mama's favorite boy!

eddieoctane

Jun 25, 2023
Visit site
Sony's core argument against the Microsoft-Activision deal is literally "but we can't actually compete with Microsoft unless we have more exclusive deals than them."

That's it. That's the whole of Sony's argument. The only people I see defending Sony say that it's about ensuring Microsoft doesn't take anti-consumer and anti-competitive policies, but that's exactly what Sony does with their timed exclusivity crap.

I am not a fan of big corporate mergers. Historically, they end up eliminating choice and increasing cost to the consumer. The corporation benefits, and everyone else suffers. That said, Microsoft is simply playing the same game as everyone else. So part of me wants to tell the judge, in a very jingoistic way, that since Microsoft is an American company and Sony is foreign, the judge has to give added benefit to Microsoft by default. And since we're talking about an equal playing field rather than even giving Microsoft in advantage, Sony has no grounds to sue as a foreigner. Sucks to suck, but this is America, and we will prioritize America first, because that's what countries do. They put themselves before non-citizens. That's how they've always worked.

Why isn't Halo on PlayStation? What kind of an asinine question for a judge to ask. Why isn't super Mario Brothers on Xbox? Why isn't God of War on an Atari? A judge who needs to ask a question like that is so wildly incompetent as to be immediately removed from the bench by a vote of the Senate.

Thretosix

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Sony's core argument against the Microsoft-Activision deal is literally "but we can't actually compete with Microsoft unless we have more exclusive deals than them."

That's it. That's the whole of Sony's argument. The only people I see defending Sony say that it's about ensuring Microsoft doesn't take anti-consumer and anti-competitive policies, but that's exactly what Sony does with their timed exclusivity crap.

I am not a fan of big corporate mergers. Historically, they end up eliminating choice and increasing cost to the consumer. The corporation benefits, and everyone else suffers. That said, Microsoft is simply playing the same game as everyone else. So part of me wants to tell the judge, in a very jingoistic way, that since Microsoft is an American company and Sony is foreign, the judge has to give added benefit to Microsoft by default. And since we're talking about an equal playing field rather than even giving Microsoft in advantage, Sony has no grounds to sue as a foreigner. Sucks to suck, but this is America, and we will prioritize America first, because that's what countries do. They put themselves before non-citizens. That's how they've always worked.

Why isn't Halo on PlayStation? What kind of an asinine question for a judge to ask. Why isn't super Mario Brothers on Xbox? Why isn't God of War on an Atari? A judge who needs to ask a question like that is so wildly incompetent as to be immediately removed from the bench by a vote of the Senate.
It's clear that Sony paid lobbyists to gaslight the FTC to obstruct the ABK acquisition.

NeoMahi

Jun 29, 2023
Visit site
You're kidding me, right? MLB The Show has been a PlayStation mainstay for decades. It's developed by Sony San Diego Studio, which is owned by and funded by PlayStation. Remember what happened here? Where was Phil Spencer when MLB insisted The Show be put on Xbox? Did he explain the business to MLB and reject the game based on that principle? No, because Xbox has nothing and can't figure out how to develop games like PlayStation does, he snapped the game up because he wanted PlayStation on Xbox, not only that, because Xbox didn't have to pay anything for the game anyway, they GAVE THE GAME AWAY FOR FREE ON GAME PASS WHILE PLAYSTATION OWNERS HAD TO PAY FULL PRICE FOR GAME. So, Nadella, don't say you don't want console exclusives, Sony was forced to put their game on your competing platform because they were strong-armed into it, Phil Spencer didn't explain that rationale to MLB, instead he gratefully took the opportunity while he could rather than standing by that principle to defend Sony and now PlayStation's biggest baseball franchise in on Xbox because it has to be, there's other licensed MLB baseball games on the market, they're just not as good as Sony's. 2K's Visual Concepts backed out and focused on basketball and WWE instead.

What a circus. "Whoa is me." You don't want to even play the rules. You play by what SUITS YOU and when IT BENEFITS YOU

NeoMahi

Jun 29, 2023
Visit site
Phil Spencer says Halo isn't on PlayStation because exclusives are part of the business, and Halo is a much smaller title than something like Call of Duty.

Xbox explains to FTC judge why Halo isn't on PlayStation : Read more
"Don't make me laugh" - Shoa Kahn

He's not wrong, but answer me this: Who does Sony San Diego Studios belong to? Who develops "MLB The Show" series? Who pays for that development? What happened during the MLB and PlayStation License for The Show? How did Phil Spencer defend console exclusives then and what did he do to keep that sacred? Exactly, he didn't. Spencer wanted something of significant value so much that he did nothing, he didnt explain that same position to the MLB, instead he took a Sony IP and put it on the service that benefited him AND he gave it away for free. You know what he told the MLB? "Putting The Show on Game Pass will introduce a wider audience to Sony games to help Sony" Help Sony what? They don't need Xbox's help, they outsell the Xbox 5:1. Spencer also knew what he was doing giving away a game he paid nothing for while he knew Sony wouldn't put the game as a PS Plus release I don't know, because Sony is in the business of making money. Phil Spencer didn't hold to that principle with The Show, but tried to justify it away, Sony knew better but knew it was the only way to maintain the license. There's other MLB licensed games on the market, it's just that nobody wants to put the effort into making a good game. Visual Concepts (2K Sports) gave up a long time ago and focuses on WWE and NBA now just like EA gave up on basketball and focuses on NHL and Madden. Soccer? I think you still have FIFA and PES.

So you see, Phil Spencer plays by the rules when they best serve him

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul89895