XBOX Music 3.0 concept

sharelee

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It looks good, though I personally would have hoped you'd work to imitate the Zune/Xbox aesthetic as much as possible as you did with your tantalizing Xbox Music 3.0 concepts that you shared with us. Still functionality is more important than style, and if you keep pursuing some of those abilities mentioned, I'll definitely be following it myself.

(Also, that typeface is a little hard on the eyes, but maybe I just have bad taste!)

Do you prefer this quick concept ? (And what about the typeface ?)

Techplay W10.png

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you prefer this quick concept ? (And what about the typeface ?)

View attachment 95994

Hmmm..hard to say from just this shot (I can't get much of a feeling for how different areas work together from just one screenshot), but I'll try.

This font is better, but I personally prefer the soft, unbolded "lowercase" Xbox Music/Music + Video font--completely an aesthetic choice, I just find them easier to read quickly. I do like the "banner" art combined with the album art as a full line, it's not as space efficient as Xbox Music, but it looks really good! Plus, maybe that'd be a great solution for a live tile, as oppose to the mess we have currently with non-selectable Album Artists--you could have a "blurred" album art with the artist or album name going by. Just a thought!

I don't care for the "unfilled" letters (like "ALBUMS") or the icons. That's just a personal choice. I'm being incredibly nitpicky, but that's my feedback, for what it's worth. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria