Xbox Music OneDrive Error

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having problems streaming MP3 files from OneDrive using the Windows Phone Music app over Bluetooth?

I get constant errors saying the file cannot be played on the phone, or the file is corrupt. This is over cell data. While I'm playing the music in the background I ran several speed tests - nothing less than 10Mbps down, which should be plenty to stream a 192Kbps MP3.

Sometimes it resolves itself and music plays for hours in the car, but most of the time it plays 5-30 seconds of the song and then skips to the next file with an error. Just keeps doing that over and over - gets really frustrating.

MS says it's a bandwidth issue with the cell data, but the speed tests are showing great LTE down speed, so I can't buy that. I could buy packet loss, which wouldn't show up on a speed test. However, if it's packet loss, then the Music app should be handling that much better than just erroring and skipping the file. It's not streaming the entire song - it seems it just downloads the whole MP3 file to cache and then plays it.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I stream audio files for up to six hours daily. I have various issues as you say, they stop between tracks, usually not in mid file. I power cycle my headset, LG Tones. Some times the play button will change to pause (like when operating normally) the position counter will be changing but I have no sound. Then I must reboot the phone.

Usually this happens at least one time, some days more. My belief is that windows 8 has Bluetooth issues period. I have a Samsung Focus Flash SGH-i677 that sold me on the Bluetooth headset and windows music app that operated without error. Xbox and windows 8 have had a plethora of faults, look forward to windows 10 if no improvement I move on. I have given windows more than enough opportunities.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Happens to me often enough to be irritating. For me, it'll play about 30 seconds of audio before not working. I hadn't thought about it, but I think you're right and it does only happen in my truck over bluetooth.

And yeah, I think there are bluetooth issues all the way around.

Koen C

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. Keep getting error code C101AB61 and can't play any song from my OneDrive with the music app. Damn...

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I think this is a hardware fault with the M8. I had this problem in my M8 but all my Lumia devices handle it without missing a beat.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo