Xbox One delayed till 2014 for part of Europe

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh well.
Bummed that I wont get the "complete" Windows 8 family, but at the same time, at least this announcement made the choice between the two easy.

[FONT=wf_SegoeUI]Our priority is ensuring our customers get the best Xbox One experience the first day it is available. To do that, and in order to meet demand, we have adjusted the number of markets that will receive Xbox One in November to 13 markets, including Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and New Zealand, in November.[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_SegoeUI]We remain committed to launching Xbox One in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, as soon as possible in 2014.[/FONT]

Xbox One Launch Markets Confirmed

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Damn, shafted as a finn :D Not surprising though, we're a small market, but a good one for Microsoft :p

I wasn't planning to get one upon launch anyways (planned for summer 2014 or so), but I guess this might mean that PS3 gets a headstart in these markets if they can provide.

Last edited:

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It would actually be quite interesting to know how big of a market the Nordics are. We do like our games.

Like it usually goes, now when I can't get the console, I want it more. :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They did away with the region locking, so is it a big deal to order it and have it shipped from Germany or the UK if you live in those countries? I mean, Europe is about the size of the United States, so going from one country to the next is semi-comparable to the physical distance traveled from one state to the next. The straight-line distance from Germany to Finland (estimated at 940 miles) is about on-par with the estimated distance from Illinois to Texas (about 936 miles; both numbers estimated by quick Internet searches).

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Surface RT from the German Microsoft-store. It came fast, delivery was free, it was fairly easy too with a little knowledge of the German language. Only problem might be if I ever need to send it back for warranty. Luckily my sister speaks fluent german, but they seemed quite hesitant to give english support from the german Microsoft webstore. I sent a query in english, to which they replied in german.. :D

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
They did away with the region locking, so is it a big deal to order it and have it shipped from Germany or the UK if you live in those countries? I mean, Europe is about the size of the United States, so going from one country to the next is semi-comparable to the physical distance traveled from one state to the next. The straight-line distance from Germany to Finland (estimated at 940 miles) is about on-par with the estimated distance from Illinois to Texas (about 936 miles; both numbers estimated by quick Internet searches).

Distance means very little in Europe as long as you switch countries.
There are couple of thins wrong ordering outside of your region. Xbox One is about software and services and there's no guarantee one or any of the servives will work here. There's no warranty or support. Something that would be nice for something you will hold for 5 years.

Though most notable problem is that you must have pre-ordered it already if you are planning on getting the console 3 months after launch. I doubt any Swe or Fin has pre-ordered from Ger when the price is about the same across.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb