xbox one s graphics

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, i want to buy xbox but im wondering should i get S or the original. I want to know if there is any difference in graphics quality. I know it is slightly faster but i have fullhd tv no 4k or hdr. The thing is i can get One for half the price.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
In terms of resolution, the One S can output 4k, the original Xbox One cannot. For graphics, the Xbox One S is more powerful too. Not sure how much by though, sorry. I have an Xbox One S, but my TV also cannot do 4k. I got the One S just because I wanted the latest and greatest. If budget is no issue, go for the One S, but, as you have mentioned, if you can get the original cheaper, it may be better to go for that. When you get one, get Forza Horizon 3 as well. It's superb!

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have a 4K television, the original Xbox One will be fine. Remember, the Xbox Scorpio is coming out later this year. So if you can find the original for cheap, get that.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Depends entirely on your future plans....

If you don't intend to upgrade to a 4K TV, the older XB1 will work just fine... If you think you may upgrade in the near future, you may want to get an XB1S... However, the S model will only upscale games to 4K... The benefits of the S are HDR supported games, UHD blurays (4K), and 4K streaming services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99