XBox video app is live for wp8!!

Rafael Marcondes

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I can't find any information about subtitles availability. I'm in Brazil, don't know if the movies are dubbed or subtitled. I'd like to know before buying anything

Sent from my RM-821_lta_brazil_253 using Tapatalk

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing the ability to search for movies/shows in this app? I was wanting to find Zero Dark Thirty and don't want to sort by movie studios.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't purchase anything. It looks like it is going to work then it errors out. Says to copy error code and go to Xbox.com/errorhelp to report the problem but there is no error code displayed. Anyone else having this problem? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, changing my default payment and turned off Wallet. None of that worked. Using it on an AT&T Lumia 1520 with all updates installed.

Does anyone know if the downloads are stored to the device or SD card? I only have 4Gig of internal storage available but 56Gig available on my SD card.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So has anyone tried downloading videos to their phone through this app? I have a TV season from Xbox video, and I wanted to test downloading it to my phone using the new Xbox Video app. Now this is a Lumia 521 so only 8GB total (with ~1.6GB free), but I have a 64GB SD card with 35GB free; my phone is set to store all music, videos, and pictures to the SD card. I started the download and went away for a while. Came back with a bunch of errors and system alerts that my phone storage was low.

Internal phone storage was down to 27MB. The first two episodes downloaded but the rest failed. It looks like Xbox Video is saving to the internal phone storage despite the system being set to save to the SD card. Is this really the case, or am I missing something? I don't see any setting in the Xbox Video app that could change this either.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I also cannot purchase any movies as I get same error as peacock93. Lumia 1020 here. Anybody able to purchase and download on wp8?

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone tried downloading videos to their phone through this app? I have a TV season from Xbox video, and I wanted to test downloading it to my phone using the new Xbox Video app. Now this is a Lumia 521 so only 8GB total (with ~1.6GB free), but I have a 64GB SD card with 35GB free; my phone is set to store all music, videos, and pictures to the SD card. I started the download and went away for a while. Came back with a bunch of errors and system alerts that my phone storage was low.

Internal phone storage was down to 27MB. The first two episodes downloaded but the rest failed. It looks like Xbox Video is saving to the internal phone storage despite the system being set to save to the SD card. Is this really the case, or am I missing something? I don't see any setting in the Xbox Video app that could change this either.

Same thing on my 1520. The videos get downloaded to the internal memory. I don't see a setting to change this, it's very disappointing.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's disappointing and also a little perplexing that the app isn't respecting the system default save locations. I'd think that would be automatic. The Windows 8 Xbox Video app does. I tried the same test on my Surface and the videos get downloaded to the SD card.

I did send feedback using the in-app mechanism. Hopefully they'll get that fixed in an update soon.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Is this still a problem where you can't copy/save the video to a SD card? Is it possible to download the video to your PC via xbox video then copy it to the SD card?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12