XBOX Video my cheap A August EP650's OMG

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
A match made in heaven. Some of this is discovery for me and XBox music and video I didn't spend a lot of time with until recently. I wasn't aware I could play my own videos with Xbox Video until tonight while exploring WTP 10049. I'm watching Any Given Sunday and these August EP650 Bluetooth headphones and XBOX video are getting it done. Great sound, great quality video, I'm pleased. If you don't know about these head phones before, now you do. Trust me.

August EP650.jpg

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
How much did the headphones cost?

I got them new from Amazon for $49.00 dollars. I have the black pair but they come in other colors. These will go head to head with Beats and beat them. They are comfortable to wear, and if the phone rings, they have built in microphone to boot. Read the reviews to get some idea of how surprising these phones are. .

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I got them new from Amazon for $49.00 dollars. I have the black pair but they come in other colors. These will go head to head with Beats and beat them. They are comfortable to wear, and if the phone rings, they have built in microphone to boot. Read the reviews to get some idea of how surprising these phones are. .
Wow! That's an amazing price. :smile:

I'll definitely check them out.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap! I added these to my Elfster gift list (but didn't get them). Lol Got some great stuff either way. Anyways, I read a few reviews and they pretty much praised them. Guess I need to go ahead and get me a pair now! Thanks for expressing how satisfied you are with them.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap! I added these to my Elfster gift list (but didn't get them). Lol Got some great stuff either way. Anyways, I read a few reviews and they pretty much praised them. Guess I need to go ahead and get me a pair now! Thanks for expressing how satisfied you are with them.
Yes, I read the reviews before buying them too. Had them in my cart for a week then decided well, if they didn't pan out, I'd just keep the box and return them. About 3 days after checking them out, the box is history. They turned out to be wonderful headphones and I mean well beyond expectations. I may grab another pair. The Gold looks good to me. Did I mention, they have NFC pairing?

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I'll probably grab a pair this week now that you've praised them. And yes, I read about the NFC pairing and that was one main factor in me wanting to get them.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So you went with the blue ones. Nice pick. They also cancel noise pretty well too as I've been finding out just this morning. :)
They arrived, and I love them!

They paired with my Lumia 920, Moto X, ASUS notebook and Nexus 7. I used the NFC pairing on the two phones and BT pairing on the notebook and tablet.

Edit: I just learned that Nexus 7 has NFC. Yes, it pairs with these headphones.

Everything works on all my devices, and they sound great. The noise cancelling works well, and they're comfortable to wear too!

Thanks for an awesome recommendation. :smile:

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
BTW, I'm not a big fan of hip-hop or current pop music (the types of music that Beats is designed for).

I played on the August headphones: classic rock (Grateful Dead), progressive rock (Rush), and jazz (John Coltrane). All sounded great. There was great sound from the highs and mid-range, not just the bass.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
BTW, I'm not a big fan of hip-hop or current pop music (the types of music that Beats is designed for).

I played on the August headphones: classic rock (Grateful Dead), progressive rock (Rush), and jazz (John Coltrane). All sounded great. There was great sound from the highs and mid-range, not just the bass.

Aren't they? The sound is so unexpectedly good you just want to listen to all your audio sources through them. They are especially good with movies...cranked up just a little bit. And you can't beat the price for what you get from these. Glad you like them. I always worry a bit when I recommend hardware, that the experience might not transfer but for these, i didn't have much doubt. How do you like the color? Did it match what was in the picture?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Aren't they? The sound is so unexpectedly good you just want to listen to all your audio sources through them. They are especially good with movies...cranked up just a little bit. And you can't beat the price for what you get from these. Glad you like them. I always worry a bit when I recommend hardware, that the experience might not transfer but for these, i didn't have much doubt. How do you like the color? Did it match what was in the picture?
The color is just like the picture. ☺

You were definitely right about these. ☺ I'm impressed by the sound quality and the comfort, and even more impressed that they're so good for that price. Their sound quality and fit is not cheap!

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The color is just like the picture. ☺

You were definitely right about these. ☺ I'm impressed by the sound quality and the comfort, and even more impressed that they're so good for that price. Their sound quality and fit is not cheap!

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

harold-and-khumar-thumbs-up.gif

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Update: I used them while watching a movie. You're right! The sound was great for movies as well as for music. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb