Yeees just saw a cortana advert on british tv

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
No lie.... It was a man asking Cortana questions, getting alerts.... Then had a pic of the 730,with Cortana in big letters..... Could this be start... It's been nothing but Lumia, surfaces and now Cortana on tv ūüėĀ

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
No didn't see it, hopefully it is a sign we will receive it in 2014 without having to go down the preview route

The 735 and 830 both come with 8.1 U1 pre-installed, so they have Cortana in the UK out of the box.

I also saw the ad numerous times earlier, it shocked me, its actually a good ad (which is a feat for MS). There was also a new Surface ad, which aired almost straight after the Cortana one. This some good marketing for MS.

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
The 735 and 830 both come with 8.1 U1 pre-installed, so they have Cortana in the UK out of the box.

I also saw the ad numerous times earlier, it shocked me, its actually a good ad (which is a feat for MS). There was also a new Surface ad, which aired almost straight after the Cortana one. This some good marketing for MS.

Couldn't agree more... The surface ad is also excellent... This is what I (and many others) have been banging on about for ages on the way they advertise....remember the ad for the 630 ? Some fit bird just charting about the phone... Now they are finally showing what the phone can do..... About bloody time. But a lot of people are now realizing that Siri now has a contender.... Could be good as more people would get on the net out of curiosity just to see what Cortana is all about

Keiran Suchak

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
The advert says that Cortana is available for 730 and other phones, but I don't think it mentions what these other phones are....

Anybody know anything more? Looking forward to getting her on my 925.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
The advert says that Cortana is available for 730 and other phones, but I don't think it mentions what these other phones are....

Anybody know anything more? Looking forward to getting her on my 925.

Works on EVERY Windows Phone with Windows Phone 8.1/Lumia Cyan*.
Without Update 1, you can't get it in the UK, you have to set everything to United States*.

*1 Source: I have a Lumia 630/635 with Cortana on!
*2 Source: Previous articles/forum posts on Windows Central

Graeme Simpson1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the 930 and this has Cortana and its totally awesome. I had the 635 as well but the only way to get Cortana (last week) was to set everything as American then I got the USA Cortana.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuberunner3d53