Your Media Player On Windows 10

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
They Are Lot of Media Player on windows 10 available. Windows media player and groove music both available preinstalled while VLC,MPC etc. are out there ready to download

Windows Media Player is desktop application the UI didn't change much since windows XP SP3 make most user already familiar with it. it you can install codec pack to play unsupported format and it support plug in. the UI Optimized for desktop since they didn't really change it since Windows XP

Groove Music is modern application. it run under special window unlike desktop application. it has modern fresh touch friendly UI but also great on desktop. it has a music catalog which can be use to browse some music.

there another Option like media player classic, GOM player, VLC (Modern and desktop) etc. so which one did you choose on windows 10 share your thought

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
For music, I use Foobar2000. Though it was nice to see Groove Music pick up Flac support, the interface isn't all that great for me.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I just use the new built in apps, though I am thinking of looking elsewhere for video because of lack of subtitle support (maybe I just haven't figured it or yet lol)
Also, the video app won't play .mkv files.
Not sure whether to install klite again, convert the file or what..

kgraham182

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I use MediaMonkey to organize my music, than use Zune to play them. I notice Groove uses a lot of resources and has several other processes very active (System and Runtime Broker). I would recommend Musicbee for novice, MediaMonkey can be hell sometimes but I find it organize my music catalog better.

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Groove for music, VLC for opening single files and KODI as my main media entertainment with a collection of cool addons + a remote control app on my windows phone.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
No, I'm not. (Had to look up what it was... :amaze:)

Raidcall is an VOIP software that intended to run alongside a game that doesn't support VOIP.

While Foobar is one of a 3rd party media player that able to do a software decoding that transmite to raidcall directly without any hardware acceleration.

Most used to do some Karoke party with your teammate,guildmember, clanmember , ect

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
oh come on it's glorious :)

TBH only a crazy person would use a player that's discontinued and pretty outdated.
Not to menation having 2 or more players at the same time.

I use WMP since my Win7 days. It's the fastest and lightest player out there I think. Not to mention it's free and preinstalled on every Windows PC.
The only 2 downsides are that it doesn't support some hipster formats (though MS added .mkv), and that you won't be able to add subtitles to your movies.
If those two things were fixed, I'd use WMP forever.

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
TBH only a crazy person would use a player that's discontinued and pretty outdated.
Not to menation having 2 or more players at the same time.

I use WMP since my Win7 days. It's the fastest and lightest player out there I think. Not to mention it's free and preinstalled on every Windows PC.
The only 2 downsides are that it doesn't support some hipster formats (though MS added .mkv), and that you won't be able to add subtitles to your movies.
If those two things were fixed, I'd use WMP forever.

Crazy, huh, wow..

Tony Clegg

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I still use Winamp. I'm old school. I like the way it crossfades between tracks properly. Something WMP still fails to do properly.

For videos (AVI's, mp4's) I use WMP and for films and BluRay I use Emby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCC