Your non-correlated battery tip for the day.

bryan_05

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Try backing out of everything when you've finished a task. I sent a few emails, back, back, back, back, back.

Took a picture, back, back, back, back.

Opened the weather app, back, back, back, back.

Adjusted the settings, back, back, back.

I've had 8 hours or light usage and I'm at 71%. Like I said, not great, but better than yesterday. I have no idea if the backing out works, my battery has improved, it's the hard reset from last night, or the 5 extra minutes on the charger after breakfast.

My best guess (and I've read this on here elsewhere) is some apps get caught up in running the processor in the background when they shouldn't.

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That would help, if you keep hitting the back arrow you go into running programs then hit it again and it closes it. Less running programs = more battery. This has to be the easiest way to close running programs out of iOS and Android for sure.

MNPSaint

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you know already but you can see what's running in the background by holding down the back button. I leave only a couple of apps that I use frequently otherwise, I do the back, back and back to exit out of the app.

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If you have to live like that I say just return the phone or figure out what the culprit is. I just went through 30 hours without charging and have 10% left on my battery. First day of heavy usage...today moderate usage. The battery life should just be good with out having to do the back back back thing :)

marjen

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I am lucky so far. Got my phone yesterday. Fully charged last night, so far about 10 hrs off the charger. Wifi on, bluetooth on, 4-5 phone calls, checked and sent some emails, txts, facebook, checked some addresses on maps, 2 gmail accounts when getting messages as they arrive, other every 15 mins, all live tiles on, connected to car BT for about 2 hrs, etc. I have 82% battery left right now! So far so good.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Common issue with smartphones. The more we expect them to do, the less battery life they have.

Bingo

I'll be getting 2 full days of usage from my 920 out of this first full charge. Some surfing, some texting, maybe 30 minutes of game. Playing with settings, 8 apps updated, etc... normal stuff.

First day, I let the battery run down completely (sounds like I either needed to or didn't need to). Stuck it on my wireless charger at 10pm and it was 100% charged at 6am. I'll just be throwing it on the charger at the end of day from now on.

I'm sure that when I start using more of the features, usage time will be reduced. But I'm confident that I'll get a solid days use out of the phone and that is all I ask. I've always turned off anything I don't need and have never had a problem with any phone I have owned.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have to live like that I say just return the phone or figure out what the culprit is. I just went through 30 hours without charging and have 10% left on my battery. First day of heavy usage...today moderate usage. The battery life should just be good with out having to do the back back back thing :)

The Lumia 900 and 920 were the first phones that I personally have not felt the need to micromanage the battery life. If its low on battery, its low on battery. Personally if I get more than 17 hours of the phone that is still 10 hours more than I got on Android. I can take this sucker to two days if I wanted to by limiting anything that could push to the phone or apps that would pull from the internets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre